News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

mikey

if megaman is really easy to play and he's good against bad people that would be a logical explanation
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

I'm having a surprising amount of fun messing around with the amiibo features. I got a Fox amiibo with the game since my Walmart had a little discount on them if you bought the game.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Maelstrom

Yugi

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 26, 2014, 12:56:30 PMif megaman is really easy to play and he's good against bad people that would be a logical explanation
I wouldn't call megaman easy to play.

KefkaticFanatic

There are a lot of characters with easily spammable attacks that can dominate people that are bad/don't know how to play.  That is the case here.

me irl
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 26, 2014, 05:05:13 PMThere are a lot of characters with easily spammable attacks that can dominate people that are bad/don't know how to play.  That is the case here.

Megaman isn't really spammable though, his projectiles are relatively easy to get around, even for nubs. If that was the case NoS would probably be complaining about samus or falco or something.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

KefkaticFanatic

I mean there are people that can get rekt by pikachu thunder ::)

me irl
[close]

Waddle Bro

Quote from: FireArrow on December 26, 2014, 05:13:43 PMMegaman isn't really spammable though, his projectiles are relatively easy to get around, even for nubs. If that was the case NoS would probably be complaining about samus or falco or something.
Actually Mega Man can easily spam its special moves and rank up good damage, Mega Man just lacks good kill moves.

FireArrow

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 26, 2014, 07:10:00 PMActually Mega Man can easily spam its special moves and rank up good damage, Mega Man just lacks good kill moves.
Time bomb is slow and even if it does hit you it's very easy to shield (and once you learn the timing, roll/spot dodge.) The blade is both slow and catchable. Leaf shield is just niche.

As for kill moves, BAIR is amazing. Not sure about the specs on his smash attacks, but I'm pretty sure they get the job done.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

K-NiGhT

I seem to remember his Up Smash doing quite well.

In other news I put my Fox amiibo up against a level 9 Fox CPU in a 10 - stock battle to see how much it had improved.

The score was 8 - 0 in favor of the CPU. I think it's safe to say my amiibo will not be winning any tournaments right now.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

basically the first time I tried him i pressed B
"oh i shoot out a sawblade"
spammed b
pressed A
"oh this is lame"
shot some people
then camped underneath them and up smashed 24/7
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

The thing with amiibos is that at high levels they just increase their damage and/or resistance, so they just artificially increase difficulty higher than the standard lv 9.  I wouldn't imagine they would get as absurd as the cruel smash AI, but who knows ._.

me irl
[close]

Waddle Bro

Quote from: FireArrow on December 26, 2014, 07:18:02 PMTime bomb is slow and even if it does hit you it's very easy to shield (and once you learn the timing, roll/spot dodge.) The blade is both slow and catchable. Leaf shield is just niche.

As for kill moves, BAIR is amazing. Not sure about the specs on his smash attacks, but I'm pretty sure they get the job done.
The blade and bomb put some serious offensive pressure as they are hardly punishable thus easy to spam unlike let's say it's smash attacks.
To be clear here, I'm not here to argue on Mega Man being good(imo it's trash), but it's projectiles are easy to spam in my experience!

also relevant cuz best mega man I've seen

Dudeman

I have Smash now. Just throwing that out there.
I'm surprisingly good at the Mii Swordfighter. Other than that, it's R.O.B. for dayz.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

why do the events have to be so hard
I spent like 15 minutes trying to beat the Demon King and the Goddess and gave up
unmotivated