Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

FireArrow

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 26, 2014, 08:15:10 PMThe blade and bomb put some serious offensive pressure as they are hardly punishable thus easy to spam unlike let's say it's smash attacks.
To be clear here, I'm not here to argue on Mega Man being good(imo it's trash), but it's projectiles are easy to spam in my experience!

Offensive pressure, yes. Spammable, no. His projectiles are kinda like peaches turnips, they're great for approaching but they suck for camping. I mean yeah, you can spam them, but you'll get very little out of it even in casual play because of how underwhelming they are in a vacuum. Samus fills the scrubby roll-spamming-projectile-keep-away-game niche a lot better.

Maybe we're just using different definitions of spamming though, idk.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FierceDeity

Kinda late here, but imo Little Mac can be relatively viable, at least enough so that I don't think he'll be in bottom tier. Don't counter near the edges, time air dodges/counters to avoid getting juggled, and use his specials sparingly. Even if you don't consider him at all viable, I don't think it develops bad habits, because if you're thinking of it in the way I just described, you'll at least learn to play super defensively. Unless, of course, you're talking about using him against computers in classic and such, in which case yeah, play the same way against people who actually know what they're doing and you're especially fucked.

As for mega man, I think it's silly to consider the definition of spamming from a "how long can you keep it up" standpoint; that hardly ever works with any character, even in most casual play, assuming it's 1v1. (FFA is unfair no matter how you slice it, so considering the checks and balances of projectile spam for that is kinda moot.) I think of mega man's approach tactic as much more spammy than peach's, because (particularly in casual play) you can get some distance, gear, bomb, then gear again before you actually need to approach, assuming it's more distance than somebody can cover in one jump. In the same way, I consider fox's blaster to be "spammy". (Like waddle, I am also not trying to say that he's good, but three projectiles immediately following one another is pretty spammy in my book. Also leaf shield is complete trash so we agree there)

Dude

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 26, 2014, 10:01:09 PMwhy do the events have to be so hard
I spent like 15 minutes trying to beat the Demon King and the Goddess and gave up
git gud

Waddle Bro

^You can always customize your character to give it boosts but that's for scrubs.

The reward condition for Hungry Hungry Kirby was a real pain in my ass, it took me forever. D:

Maelstrom

As if Megaman and Diddy Kong weren't OP enough.....

KefkaticFanatic

Diddy is definitely going to be top tier with his winrate, and probably Sheik, but no MegaMan is not that good lol

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

Diddy is ridiculous. I think his down throw to up air is pretty much unavoidable, and of course most tourney level players spam the hell out of it.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FireArrow

Quote from: K-NiGhT on December 27, 2014, 11:54:02 AMDiddy is ridiculous. I think his down throw to up air is pretty much unavoidable, and of course most tourney level players spam the hell out of it.

A lot of characters have that at lower percents. It's like one of the few combos that can't be air dodged out of (poor ken combo :[)

K-NiGhT

On another note, my mom got me two more amiibos for not flunking out of college my first semester. As a chain reaction, I've inadvertently gotten sucked up into collecting the rest of them.

Pls halp

SlowPokemon

I bought the Luigi amiibo because what the fuck look at that dorky figurine. It's really well made and I can easily see the appeal of even just collecting them. I'll test it out in game soon ^.^
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 27, 2014, 01:07:12 PMI bought the Luigi amiibo because what the fuck look at that dorky figurine. It's really well made and I can easily see the appeal of even just collecting them. I'll test it out in game soon ^.^
I'm having fun with the in-game features so far. I haven't tried them in Hyrule Warriors or Mario Kart 8 yet tho.

mikey

I really like to use pac man so far.  It's nice that he's got 2 recovery moves :D
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Well I went and started amiibo hunting today, since I had a little extra Christmas money. I got to Target and saw Luigi and Zelda, which were the only ones of those kinds left on the shelf, and I got them immediately. Since I was limiting my spending, I only allowed myself to get 2. Then later on, I took a look around gamestop. The first three I saw there were Pit, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. ;-;

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow