Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

Maelstrom

Imo, 4 may be better for competitive. It's just because there are so many viable options, as opposed to Melee.

KefkaticFanatic

4 is super boring to even watch though, the game is too damn slow and floaty.  It might have more high level options but the mechanical depth just isn't there.

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 15, 2015, 12:23:25 PM4 is super boring to even watch though, the game is too damn slow and floaty.  It might have more high level options but the mechanical depth just isn't there.
Really? I haven't gotten that from the matches I've watched. I guess it varys person to person.

FierceDeity

Melee is better as spectator sport because it's all (and I mean ALL) about technical ability, and that's more impressive to watch. As far as depth of gameplay, however, sm4sh is superior imo because its pacing and relatively accessible level of control favor strategy and complex mindgames over sheer mastery of the controller.

SlowPokemon

Yeah the fact that anyone thinks Melee is the definitive Smash over Wii U is laughable honestly
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

1) Melee will never die
2) It's a fairly large portion of the Smash community that has such an opinion, unfortunately ;)

me irl
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

K-NiGhT

While Melee doesn't have the amount of characters/stages/features as later entries, it has something that gives people reason to still play it again 14 years later; the sheer depth of its gameplay. I mean hell, people are still finding new aspects of the game that no one had ever even thought about, some new platform techniques were just discovered about a week or two ago.

Smash 4 is fun and stuff, but it just doesn't have the amount of movement options, and in general just allows for a slower, more defensive style of play.

Don't get me wrong, I love every entry of Smash. I just think that they should have left the gameplay engine where it was.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 15, 2015, 05:41:09 PMmelee is too hard
git gud?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Jompa

Melee is best game ever.

So about these new guys:
Roy is pretty bad, but he is strong. I've been playing him the past days, and it's pretty fun.
Ryu is probably insanely good if one masters him. In the first place he's dangerous to approach.
Lucas is the best character in the game, and you don't even have to be good. His arrival has destroyed the metagame. Ness was too good - now Lucas comes with actually good recovery (pk thunder), even stronger moves, good combos, more speed, grab range, reliable spike, and basically a lot of crazy stuff you can't beat in a head-on fight. Besides, he just won't die. Not a good thing.
Birdo for Smash

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

mikey

I'm never going to be that good at any video game
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: Jompa on June 15, 2015, 10:59:28 PMLucas is the best character in the game, and you don't even have to be good. His arrival has destroyed the metagame. Ness was too good - now Lucas comes with actually good recovery (pk thunder), even stronger moves, good combos, more speed, grab range, reliable spike, and basically a lot of crazy stuff you can't beat in a head-on fight. Besides, he just won't die. Not a good thing.
Good thing I mained him for a while in Brawl, then. Time 2 get rekt, scrubs.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.