Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

mikey

unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 31, 2015, 07:02:26 AMSo word on the street is that Tourney Mode is actually quite terrible.

Not surprised tbh.

this makes me sad
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Nebbles on July 31, 2015, 09:53:18 AMthis makes me sad
in the event of a stock tie, it doesn't go to sudden death, nor does it take the player with the lower percent. It determines through damage dealt. Time is set at like 3 minutes, so matches always time our even if it's stock.

Also, if someone rages and turns off the internet, it boots both players.

There's so much more wrong with this mode that it's disgusting.

Nebbles

Why is it from damage dealt? That's kinda dumb.

Kman96

I don't know about you guys, but I love being able to play on the old Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle stages...

...I'm also in this bad habit (is it bad?) of always buying the DLC for both Wii U and 3DS. Fortuantely, I save myself money by NOT buying all of the Mii Fighter costumes. This time I just went with Black Knight, Chrom, K. Rool, Samus' armor and Flying man. I wasn't really interested in the other ones.
Party Hard!
[close]

mikey

Quote from: Nebbles on July 31, 2015, 10:01:39 AMWhy is it from damage dealt? That's kinda dumb.
would you rather have it be off of airtime
unmotivated

Nebbles

Well, lower percent is usually the better way to go... or you know, sudden death.

Echo

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 31, 2015, 10:01:05 AMTime is set at like 3 minutes

lol what? Last I saw, that's like the time it takes to even take off a stock in this game lol.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 31, 2015, 05:04:40 PMWell, lower percent is usually the better way to go... or you know, sudden death.

I think they made it based off damage to promote being more offensive/aggressive because of how campy/stall-ish this game can be. I don't think it actually solves the problem though, and yeah, sudden death would be better.

But nerfing dodge invincibilty and making the KO boundaries smaller would be even better. (unless they changed that stuff in recent updates, haven't played in a while)

FierceDeity

How many stock is it? Because if it's 2, honestly I so rarely get sudden death in for glory mode. I'm not even that aggressive of a player, it's just that if you utilize all of your options, the attack > grab > shield > attack dynamic isn't all that stall-worthy. The problem is that many newer players underuse grab, and so yeah, defensive play styles will often pay off immensely. While infinite air dodge does make shielding against any air approaches more appealing, you still have to take the mind game into account, and if you become too predictable by doing this repeatedly, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage.

K-NiGhT

pretty sure it's two stock. not sure tho, haven't had a chance to play the mode yet. All the stuff I said was hearsay from the smash subreddit.

mikey

unmotivated

AwesomeYears

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle