News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

Jub3r7

I heard they buffed the Gunner. Something I appreciate even more with access to the K.K. Slider outfit. shooting out of a guitar somehow.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

mikey

3 reasons you should play sm4sh with me
1. This is the last night I play wii U for some time
2. My eagle scout paperwork got approved
3. I'm bad and playing against me will make you feel good
unmotivated

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Jompa

I spontaniously went to a smash tournament at noon today, and it turned out to actually be kinda a big deal. All of the great legendary top-level players in Oslo competed (everyone! and I know about these people), and before signing up for doubles I managed to, through friendlies, win over one of the best of them to team up with me. We turned out to be great teammates actually, finding a great strategy in Alph&Ness. We reached third, only loosing to the team of the two best players (who won the whole thing in the end), both in winners and loosers.
Then it was time for singles. Unfortunately for me, I met one of the best players in the first round (playing Fox; not a good matchup for Alph), so I wound up in loosers right away, but I brutally fought myself all the way through loosers, beating, among others, my previous team-mate, and another really good one (*this was the sickest match of all time(see below)) before again meeting the guy who beat me in the first round (who had been sent to loosers by the by-far-best). This time we were about evenly matched, but I ended up loosing, and I was out at fourth place, which is a ridiculously high placing against all these guys!! Like, one of them is crowned the Best of Norway!

*Sickest match of all time: Me (Alph) against this other guy (R.O.B.), who was one of the best players. This is basically a super-campy matchup, and ROB has a ridiculously supreme advantage. (This was in loosers, so it was a best-of-one-match). The battle went on for so long that when we both were at our last stock, the timer was about to run out! And he was in the lead. If the timer runs out it is the one with the percentage-lead who wins, and when the commentator started counting down from five, ROB was outa there! He ran. He flew away (with up-b), and up into the corner to time me out. But I jumped after him, and flew after him with up-b, and when I reached him the commentator was at "one". Alph can attack after his up-b (so can ROB), and I had a purple pikmin in my hand. After the commentator shoutet "one" I just dodged his attempt to hit me with down-air, and managed to just barely hit him with the purple up-air, and since we were so high up, he died before the one second ended (he was at like 60%, hahah). So I won. If that hadn't killed him, he'd still be in the lead, but it was just enough.
The ROB-player got so freakin' mad hahaha. Must've been the longest second of his sm4sh-life.

What I learned today: it doesn't matter how much you play/practice Alph. He's terrible, get a decent secondary.
Also: with a great teammate, doubles are amazing.
Also: tournaments are hella fun, and omg, so intense. Loosers bracket is the most stressfull thing ever. Ending up in loosers after the first round just gave me that many extra matches (best-of-one, at that) to play, all against people who had made it further than me in winners. I actually had the most matches of everyone there. Nuts.

What a great day.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Was it 3DS, or Wii U? (seeing as you played mostly on the 3DS)

Jompa

It was Wii U, which I've only played on four times before. But luckily I got used to my old gamecube controllers again after just a couple of friendly matches before signups. Not having those couple of frames of input lag is just so completely different!
The only problem Wii U created for me was for stage selections (as I don't know anything about the stages, or even which ones are legal). "Just pick a stage" became my greeting to each oponent :P

I don't see why I didn't buy a Wii U as soon as Smash came, or why I haven't done it in all this time after that either. Or why I am not doing it right this second.
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

You finally realized how much better it is?
To tell the truth, I haven't put any time whatsoever into my 3DS version after I got the Wii U version as well. I kind of just bought it because I didn't want to wait for the Wii U version, and for the CD (and Mewtwo).

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

A voice actor commenting he may be in a game that has a lot of vocal talent? Neat.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

To be fair, Christopher Miller doesn't voice anyone else for Nintendo.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Hero of Trains

Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book