News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The "Fixing the Sheets" Initiative 2.0 - Current Target: Pokémon R/B *Done!*

Started by JDMEK5, July 25, 2013, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on April 15, 2015, 11:20:10 AMIs there any way for me to see all the sheets in one place so I can print/play them? Or give feedback or something.
Here you go though this folder doesn't include the ones Zunawe has in his 'list'.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 15, 2015, 11:20:10 AM(Also, btw. Thanks for picking this back up! I love having good sheets for my favorite songs. I look forward to hopefully playing them on my YouTube channel.)
Heck, I should never have dropped this but c'est la vie. Hey if you do end up doing the YouTube thing send me a link and maybe I'll put a link to a playlist on the OP or something..  ::)

Quote from: Zunawe on April 15, 2015, 11:37:07 AMList is updated. Let me know if any of the links are wrong. I may have mixed .mus and .mid files. I still need to fix the urls from when I last edited them.
Ok thanks! I'll check them out tonight!

Never mind tonight, I looked through them now and realized that Pallet is still missing a whole 'nother voice. For that reason what I'm thinking is I'll delete this one and just arrange it myself from scratch and see what I get. I'll do a replacement altogether.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Forgive me.....I'm not very familiar with Pokemon but is the same game that we voted to do next on the replacement project?

Latios212

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 15, 2015, 11:41:52 AMHere you go though this folder doesn't include the ones Zunawe has in his 'list'.
Hey, thanks! I'm having a lot of fun looking over them! :D

I've noticed though, for "Cinnabar Island" there's a lot more to be done.
- Measures 13-15 should be removed.
- The sheet should reflect the sudden pauses, like the one in measure 2.
- The left hand doesn't match what the song sounds like - I also hear a lot of 16th notes not reflected in the sheet.
- There are notes missing in measure 8 in the right hand.

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 15, 2015, 02:06:01 PMForgive me.....I'm not very familiar with Pokemon but is the same game that we voted to do next on the replacement project?
Nope! These are tracks from the original Pokémon Red/Blue games for the Game Boy Color, but Pokémon Diamond/Pearl were the fourth-generation games released for the DS back in 2006. Very different music! :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

JDMEK5

Mlf, you have got to play pokemon. I see the world of gaming as a circular spectrum. Right in the middle circle is Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Pokémon. In the next ring out there's Kirby, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and other such. In the outer circle from that is F-Zero, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Banjo-Kazooie, Assassin's Creed, etc. But I feel Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon are the 3 series necessary for a basic gaming experience.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on April 15, 2015, 02:52:34 PMI've noticed though, for "Cinnabar Island" there's a lot more to be done.
- Measures 13-15 should be removed.
- The sheet should reflect the sudden pauses, like the one in measure 2.
- The left hand doesn't match what the song sounds like - I also hear a lot of 16th notes not reflected in the sheet.
- There are notes missing in measure 8 in the right hand.
Good call. Finding more things to fix is part of the purpose of this project!

My Arrangements

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 15, 2015, 04:08:41 PMMlf, you have got to play pokemon. I see the world of gaming as a circular spectrum. Right in the middle circle is Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Pokémon. In the next ring out there's Kirby, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and other such. In the outer circle from that is F-Zero, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Banjo-Kazooie, Assassin's Creed, etc. But I feel Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon are the 3 series necessary for a basic gaming experience.
You're exactly right!
I've played like every Mario game and I'm working into Zelda.....haven't gotten to Pokemon yet though. I'm not really into the shooters (Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto etc.).
I don't have enough friends for Animal Crossing, Pikmin I haven't gotten around to yet, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie I love and mastered, and I don't really like Donkey Kong and Star Fox.

Latios212

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 15, 2015, 04:09:19 PMGood call. Finding more things to fix is part of the purpose of this project!

I got more coming!

Take a look at the Game Corner Theme. Measures 19, 20, 23, 24, and 26 should be written with two layers since there are multiple voices, I think.
Also it seems weird to me that the first page alternates between measures with one and measures with two layers. Should measures 5, 9, and 13 be written with two layers also?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Here's my version of Pokémon Center:
[ZIP]

Btw a small question:
How do you link your dropbox link but on the forum naming it something else like [ZIP], or PDF??
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

JDMEK5

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 16, 2015, 09:05:40 AMI'm not really into the shooters (Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, Grand Theft Auto etc.).
Assassin's Creed isn't exactly a shooter but I get what you mean. XD

Quote from: Latios212 on April 16, 2015, 12:37:47 PMTake a look at the Game Corner Theme. Measures 19, 20, 23, 24, and 26 should be written with two layers since there are multiple voices, I think.
Also it seems weird to me that the first page alternates between measures with one and measures with two layers. Should measures 5, 9, and 13 be written with two layers also?
You're sorta right I think. In measures 19, 20, 23, 24, and 26 you are for sure. It should be notated differently with sustained notes in each voice. But in 5, 9, and 13 I think either way would be acceptable. Your suggestion does make sense but I don't think we necessarily have to change it. It's debatable.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 16, 2015, 04:22:06 PMHere's my version of Pokémon Center:
[ZIP]

Awesome! I don't have time atm tonight but first thing tomorrow morning I'm looking at this. Thanks!

My Arrangements

Tobbeh99

I've made some small changes to Pokémon Center:
[ZIP]

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh