News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - "K.K Disco"

Started by Nebbles, July 27, 2013, 05:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Completed an on site
I need more groovy K.K songs in my life, and this is one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVb-GNnTXVk
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

TheZeldaPianist275

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 27, 2013, 07:44:24 PMNebbles should start arranging again :<

but ;_; i need help to arrange music and i stink at it

FireArrow

We've got the help part covered, you can cover the stink part by practicing. There's only one way to arrange music, and that's to arrange it. xP

TheZeldaPianist275

^This.  So much.  also love the way you worded it.

Nebbles

fine then, you guys help me arrange this song

FireArrow

Nebbles

...everything? I'm still new to arranging. I don't know how to identify key signatures or notes or anything. Really.

FireArrow

Well, this song is probably a bit hard to start off with.

Anyways, I think I've figured out the first 5 seconds or so, so I'll go through with what I did:

I listened to the song and played a random note on the piano. I then asked myself "is this note higher or lower than the first note of the song (the top note of the chord.)" I adjusted the note in the right direction then kept asking that question until I found the first note. From there, I just kinda listened to whats it was doing, was it stepping, skipping, or jumping? (Exact intervals don't matter unless you have a really good ear.) Once I decided which, I just did trial and error with the different intervals it could be based on those categories (the more you arrange music, the more accurate your first guess is till you can just walk up to a piano and play the melody.)

I wouldn't worry about chords yet, but I just tried out different consonant chord qualities with the first note as the top note until one sounds right. If you can judge whether it's major or minor (pretty easy, but sometimes it can surprise you) it really narrows down your options.

For the time signature, just tap your foot to the song, and try to hear where the measures start and end. I kinda suck in this area, so I'm afraid to give too much advice.

Also, never give up! If you get completely stuck on something, go to any means necessary (even if it's a midi) to figure it out. Once you learn what's actually going on, you'll usually go "Oh, I never considered that" and then you'll consider it next time.

TheZeldaPianist275

Fire beat me to it.  Yeah, Nebbles, if you need any more help, feel free to pm me today and I'll do what I can.

FireArrow

What TZP said, PM me if you want. I'd even be willing to help you on skype if you think it'll help any.

I personally believe everyone has the ability to learn to arrange music, and I'm gonna make it my personal goal to make sure you learn.

Nebbles

FireArrow

I'll PM you my skype, but actually finding time where I can do it without my parents noticing is gonna be difficult.