News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

What's a good Video Game song that's good for band?

Started by MetroidHunter26, May 15, 2008, 05:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starpikachu

Quote from: Link on May 17, 2008, 08:08:26 PMF Zero-Big Blue is a good one.
yes

Quote from: HugoMeister on May 16, 2008, 03:10:52 PMI didn't even think of Fountain of Dreams. :O

Fountain of Dreams, or Good Egg Galaxy. Its gotta be one of those two.
definitely

Quote from: The-Real-Link on May 29, 2008, 07:12:01 AMFIRE EMBLEM THEME!!!!!! FIRE EMBLEM THEME!!!!!!!! That would sound REALLY cool played by a concert band!
daaaaa-daa-da-daaaaaa-da....daaaaa-da-da-da-daaaaaaa-daaaaa!
HELL YEA!

Palagerini

the bob-omb battlefield song would be a cool jazzy song for a band...
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Olimar12345

for fountain of dreams, here's an arrangement- http://ichigos.com/sheets/s
(keep scrolling-its at the bottom)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tgamer240

What about the Super Smash Brothers theme (SSB64 credits)?
Woof woof! Er, I mean, beep beep!

Shadoninja

all of you should expand your game music knowledge, there are 10,000+ songs that are better then fountain of dreams and fire emblem from ssbm.

how about a castlevania medley.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Shadoninja on June 03, 2008, 09:30:52 PMall of you should expand your game music knowledge, there are 10,000+ songs that are better then fountain of dreams and fire emblem from ssbm.

how about a castlevania medley.
I'm not talking about the Fire Emblem theme from Melee. (heard on the Hyrule Temple Stage.) I'm talking about THE Fire Emblem theme.

Here's an excerpt of the Brawl version. - http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music13.html
The Brawl version has choir with it. The original is just full instrumental. (You can find an MIDI of it in the SNES section on VGMusic. Under Fire Emblem 3)

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Palagerini

or maybe u can do a main theme medly? like the super mario theme, then the legend of zelda theme, then the fire emblem theme, then fountain of dreams.. and then one of your choice.. that would sounds cool.
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Composer #40

You should pick something that's great to listen to while keeping the audience's attention. Try to use Casltevania (I suggest Circle of the Moon music), Final Fantasy, or something from SSBB.

It happens Every. Day!

PseudoMario16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

Gooch

Medley is definately the perfect direction to go w/ for Band. Most of the songs are far too short to play in band and enjoy. Make the Ultimate Nintendo Medley. Start with The original Overground Theme from the Original Super Mario Bros., Then perform the Luigi's Mansion theme, fade into Fountain of Dreams, Then Brawl Theme, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, and so on from there. If we could Orchestrate that Modern Marvel, well, we would have quite the Trophy on our Hands. We can take a poll, see what everyone wants in this bad boy!

starpikachu

OMG! :o That will take forever to orchestrate AND perform!

Sirus

yeah starpikachus right
that would be awesome but way long
but medleys are probably the best
since most single video game songs are too short or repeat forever

Gooch

i didn't say put in the whole song, Medleys don't always involve the whole piece, just the most bestest and famous part. It would be about 5 or 6 minutes. It could be like a marching band thing or something, lol.

MetroidHunter26

Well medleys arn't realy my specialty X\ and I think all these answers were great help  ;D