News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Where can I find Sax sheet music?

Started by brail, August 22, 2013, 08:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brail

This looks like a great site for piano, but I'd really love to find some sax sheet music. Does anyone know where I can find some? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Sebastian

Welcome to Ninsheetmusic!   :)
We don't have any here, but I might be able to do some for you if you like?

Bubbles

It is the wrong place to ask ;) (dont worry, its ok now)

Like you said, this site is mainly piano, but a few members do orchestral arrangements too. If you want you could ask a specific arranger to do it for you. Alternatively, you could just look at the piano sheet and translate it to your sax, but I know next to nothing about saxophones so idk how that would translate

ninja'd

JDMEK5

Actually if you have Finale, you can go to the ScoreManager, select the piano staff with the melody in it, go to transposition and set it, and read off of that.

If you don't have Finale, it's not my first time rearranging for sax so let me know what kind of sax we're talking about, give me a song, and I'll see what I can do.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

brail

Thanks for the replies guys :]
I play bari sax, but mostly play alto music since its much more common and in the same key. I just love the lower sound of bari.

I'm afraid I dont have Finale. I will look into it,but dont know if/when I'd be able to afford it. Looks like it has a free trial so I will give that a go.

In the meantime, songs I'd love to have sheet music for include...

Pokemon r/b/y  Pallet Town theme
Absolutely anything from any Zelda game
Level themes for Super Mario 1,2,3, or Super Mario World
Final Fantasy 8 or 9 main themes.Battle theme from any FF.
FF Crystal Chronicles Departure.

That is probably my top most desired list at the moment, I'd be completely thrilled with even one off that list.

Thanks again for the info guys! :D

Bubbles

You don't really need finale, just look at the piano sheet and pick out the main tune of the song (or the part that youll recognize anyway). I think a few of those song might be arranged for piano already, so you could use those!