News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Jegilmer's Arrangements: New Paper Mario: TTYD!

Started by jegilmer, August 26, 2013, 09:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jegilmer

Here is a short arrangement from one of my favorite worlds from the game Wario World!!! It's such a fun game. My next arrangement will be the long delayed Boggly Woods.

Wario World - Thrillsville
PDF | .MUS | MIDI

Sebastian

Sebastian

Anyway, Great Job!
Only thing: Measures 9-12 (the melody), I'd put a pp there. That is really in the original.

Can't wait for Boggly Woods!

jegilmer

Ok awesome thanks! I changed it to pp! Yeah sorry about the finale file, I was in the midst of notating it haha. But I'm about to upload it.

Sebastian

jegilmer

Alright I got it uploaded!
It's still not that neat.

Could you do a couple of things for me?

Sebastian

jegilmer

The top notes in the first few bars run into the text, but I can't move the bars themselves.
There are also a few extra bars at the end of the piece
The first phrase of the melody should be in treble clef. Then the last phrase should remain in bass cleff

Sebastian

I'll fix that stuff for you!

Now that you supplied a mus., I got a better looked. Noticed this stuff.

Bars 3-6: The melody here is 2 octaves to low. These notes should be staccatod not slured.
Bar 4: You added some notes that aren't in the original.

Bars 9-11: These notes are an octave to low. You are also missing a few notes here.
I hate to say it, but most of the melody notes are wrong, but luckily my strong point is my ear!

Here is all the stuff I talked about above fixed plus the stuff you wanted in your comment fixed:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ipou8y5ztr5og7/Wario%20World%20-%20Thrillsville.zip?dl=0

This song was pretty tough to hear. But Good Job!
You should submit it! :)

jegilmer

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 31, 2015, 10:47:21 AMI'll fix that stuff for you!

Now that you supplied a mus., I got a better looked. Noticed this stuff.

Bars 3-6: The melody here is 2 octaves to low. These notes should be staccatod not slured.
Bar 4: You added some notes that aren't in the original.

Bars 9-11: These notes are an octave to low. You are also missing a few notes here.
I hate to say it, but most of the melody notes are wrong, but luckily my strong point is my ear!

Here is all the stuff I talked about above fixed plus the stuff you wanted in your comment fixed:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ipou8y5ztr5og7/Wario%20World%20-%20Thrillsville.zip?dl=0

This song was pretty tough to hear. But Good Job!
You should submit it! :)

Yeah that's right, I wrote the first phrase in too low because I didn't know how to change it from bass cleff to treble and didn't want to read the ledger lines hahah. But yeah the other phrase was an octave too low.

In bar 4 I did put an extra note. I thought I heard it repeat, but I think the long release time on the instrument made me think it did. So you're right about that too lol.

I added the changes you made to the 2nd bar of the 2nd melody line as well.
However, I don't hear the 16th notes at bar 9, I think it's all 8th notes.

I think
. You can check again if you want.

Thanks for the help though! :)

jegilmer

I have the tendency to over-complicate things and think too hard. But yeah I'm going to submit this arrangement along with the Xevious arrangement and New Rally-X arrangements!

Also, I updated the Thrillsville file!

Sebastian

Great!
Btw....I'm hearing 16th notes there but it's your arrangement! :)

jegilmer

Haha alright! Thanks though, I submitted it so hopefully it will get accepted!

jegilmer

So after starting this arrangement over a year ago...I finally decided to finish it! This is a great piece! Every time I played this sublevel in Pikmin 2 I always wondered what time signature it was in. So I found out it was in 7/8 and thought that to have a piece in a video game in 7/8 was just awesome! It seems to be inspired by minimalist music with the way the ostinato figure repeats throughout. Hajime Wakai is one of my favorite video game composers, and his style of using ostinatos and polymeters influences the music I compose...

Anyway, the way this piece works is that the music corresponds to every action the player makes, so the melody can very each time someone plays the game. I decided to follow the structure of the youtube link below though. Feedback would be much appreciated!

Pikmin 2 - Jellyfloat Pool
PDF | .MUS | MIDI |

jegilmer

Can I get some opinions on whether or not this should be a piano duet?