News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Help with arrangement and a question

Started by Ricky, September 02, 2013, 08:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky

So I've been arranging this:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yuae3cedulxz5u5/Greede%2C_the_Capital_of_Freedom.mus

However there are a couple issues I have due to the limitations of Finale Notepad and I hope someone here can correct them. To begin with I want the tempo direction to be "Andante con moto (quarter note=c. 102)" rather than the standard tempo that is there now. Secondly I can't seem to be able to edit the Company copyright Year thing at the bottom. It should be "Level-5 Copyright 2010". Also the fermatas slow down the whole bars which is pretty wierd, I just want the fermatas (short fermatas if available) to take effect on the places they are notated (obviously). Another thing needing to be fixed is that I want a poco rit. rather than rit. at the few last bars. Finally, is there a way to add pedal in Notepad and is it ok if I keep the text describing the pedal usage or should texts describing the playing be avoided?

Also, a question: Which version of Finale is good enough to handle all the things needed for these sort of arrangements?

Brassman388

The full version, if necessary. It's been awhile since I've used printmusic or any other version, but from what I recall using printmusic, you couldn't do a whole lot either. It's safest just to get the full version.

If you can't, pm me.

Ricky

FierceDeity

Quote from: Brassman388 on September 02, 2013, 10:09:23 AMThe full version, if necessary. It's been awhile since I've used printmusic or any other version, but from what I recall using printmusic, you couldn't do a whole lot either. It's safest just to get the full version.

If you can't, pm me.

Hint: Message him and he'll help you :)

I'd do it, but I only have the full version of 2011, and it can't open files from more recent versions; all I can look at your files with is Notepad 2012, so I wouldn't be able to do anything that you couldn't.

Brassman388