News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Arrangement Contest 4 - Brainstorming Topic

Started by MaestroUGC, October 02, 2013, 01:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

Quote from: JDMEK5 on November 06, 2013, 03:35:30 PMHow about we sad-ify something? Take something generally not sad and sadify it.
I do it on the piano all the time. It's really fun and is really cool. I sadified the Zelda theme on the spot in front of my friends. They loved it. :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

Arrangement contest 4: Sadification
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Looks good to me. :P What does everyone else think?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Meh, idk. It seems like I could "sadify" a tune by simply lowering the tempo and changing a few chord qualities d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Mind you you'll also have to be judged on instrument choices, modulations, fills, etc. It can be plenty sophisticated if you dig deep enough.

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

It just seems too similar to the mood inverse one we did, but now there's less creativity. :P

What if we arranged a tune to sound like it was in a different game?

JDMEK5

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 06, 2013, 11:00:10 PMWhat if we arranged a tune to sound like it was in a different game?
Example?

My Arrangements

MaestroUGC

Sadification is an option, let's get a few more going.

Personally I agree with Olimar that it doesn't take too much to sad-ify a piece. However, it's takes a great deal of talent to make an already sad piece even more depressing...
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on November 06, 2013, 11:08:14 PMExample?

idk like make a mario overworld sound like a zelda overworld.

MaestroUGC

That seems like it'd be more subjective than we can judge.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

possibly, but hey, its just an idea. I'll think of something better eventually :P

JDMEK5

Quote from: MaestroUGC on November 06, 2013, 11:08:51 PMHowever, it's takes a great deal of talent to make an already sad piece even more depressing...
That would be hard. But possible. I like the sound of that actually. (Pardon the pun!)

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 06, 2013, 11:10:49 PMidk like make a mario overworld sound like a zelda overworld.
I think Maestro's right here. The style difference would have to be big. For example, you can't make a Mario overworld into a Pokémon route theme. There's too much variety in the Pokémon routes. I think Mario/Zelda is really the only contrast big enough without going into the much smaller games such as Double Dragon and such.

I personally like Maestro's idea better.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on November 06, 2013, 11:13:36 PMpossibly, but hey, its just an idea. I'll think of something better eventually :P
Sounds like a plan. ;)

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on November 06, 2013, 11:18:46 PMFor example, you can't make a Mario overworld into a Pokémon route theme. There's too much variety in the Pokémon routes.

I bet if you tried hard enough you could. I could hear it!