News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Bitcoin.

Started by DrP, December 01, 2013, 12:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Why does the graphics card need to use more energy though?  What's the energy being used for?

DrP

Because it is working harder and using more energy. You havent noticed that your computer has its fans on too??

More power is being used. It's not a huge deal unless youre paying for it.

MaestroUGC

Perhaps I'm just old fashioned, but what exactly is the intrinsic value of bitcoins? Currency is an agreement between two parties that the chosen item has value for both of them and they are willing to use it as a exchange for goods and services.

To me this whole bitcoin operation sounds like a bunch of people are just printing digital money in the idea that they are worth something. Currency has to represent something, and I fail to see what bitcoin is actually worth, and what generating them actually provides.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

spitllama

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 01, 2013, 12:43:09 PMwhat exactly is the intrinsic value of bitcoins?

Quotethe idea that they are worth something.

You answered your own question.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 01, 2013, 12:43:09 PMTo me this whole bitcoin operation sounds like a bunch of people are just printing digital money in the idea that they are worth something. Currency has to represent something, and I fail to see what bitcoin is actually worth, and what generating them actually provides.
Nailed it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!