News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Using the music.

Started by ChrisMan174, October 13, 2013, 12:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisMan174

Are we allowed to take the midis from the site and use them in a recording? (I.E. for a youtube stopmotion, use it as a backdrop music with credit in the description)

FireArrow

Take this with a grain of salt, but you'd need the specific arrangers permission (and s/he may require you to credit them.)

As for me, you can use whatever you want (just don't claim it's yours.) I can even grab you an mp3 if you want something with a bit better sound quality.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

spitllama

Honestly we don't really own anything that we arrange...
I feel like giving credit would be the right way to go about it. It's not really necessary to ask permission.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FierceDeity

Yeah uh, literally everything we do on here is technically illegal, so use of our arrangements is not infringing upon our rights in any way. I mean, giving credit would be the courteous thing to do (although if you're gonna do that, definitely give credit to the original composer, as well), but there's really nothing we can do about it if you don't.

Jamaha

I don't see a problem with that.

JDMEK5

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 13, 2013, 03:40:20 PMYeah uh, literally everything we do on here is technically illegal...
We had Chad York here and he didn't seem to have a problem with what we were doing..
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MaestroUGC

As a musician, he probably didn't have a problem with we we're doing here.

As a business, Nintendo and its competitors might not see it the same way.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jamaha

Yeah, honestly I don't even know what our legal status is officially, so to speak. I'm not a lawyer and I'm also Finnish, so I have no idea about the copyright laws elsewhere. I probably should, though.