News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Chat logs

Started by KefkaticFanatic, February 22, 2008, 07:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Most people won't come up and apologize like this. I'd like to believe that he's being sincere and in that case I can forgive him
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

This feels like some dramatic movie, but at least it had a happy ending.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

ThatGamer

I've had people pretend to be sincere about this before. However god would give a second chance, so I suppose we should too?
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Whatever your reason may be, religious or otherwise, I think we should forgive him.
But if he does it a second time I don't really see that as a viable option anymore.
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

Do what you want, but if you want to forgive him for doing something as horrible as that, make sure you're forgiving others who have done things that aren't as bad. Telling someone to kill themselves is the lowest of the low. Because when you say "I'll forgive you as a Christian," you're also saying "I'm choosing not to forgive you as a Christian" when you don't give others the same treatment.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ThatGamer

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 29, 2015, 10:17:46 AMWhatever your reason may be, religious or otherwise, I think we should forgive him.
But if he does it a second time I don't really see that as a viable option anymore.

Agreed. Lets give DT another shot.
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

mayastarr041

Slow has a point. I dont why, but I want to forgive him and make peace, but thats hard. I havent forgiven myself yet for everything. I really am conflicted and troubled right now. Whatever, I dont give a damn.

Edit: Lets see how far denial will get me in life.

Edit: Im sure I have too Maestro by bitching about everything...
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

MaestroUGC

That's nice that you all want to forgive him, but he broke forum rules and that is how things are. He's just going to have to deal with the consequence of his actions.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

ThatGamer

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 29, 2015, 10:27:12 AMLets see how far denial will get me in life.
 Im sure I have too Maestro by bitching about everything...

1. Probably should not be in denial anymore...

2. Yeah, I've broken rules, and you forgave me...(well, I mean, a 6 month ban is kinda forgiveness...)

MaestroUGC

A 6 month ban means you served your time, and you also weren't nearly as horrible as him.

mayastarr041

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 29, 2015, 10:32:14 AM1. Probably should not be in denial anymore...

2. Yeah, I've broken rules, and you forgave me...(well, I mean, a 6 month ban is kinda forgiveness...)
ThatGamer, I havent beeen here for long but you are an awesome person. I dont know why you got banned, and pm if you want to talk, but i think a nice person as you, should not have been banned. Though I dont knowthe full story, but pm me.
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

ThatGamer

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 29, 2015, 10:36:33 AMThatGamer, I havent beeen here for long but you are an awesome person. I dont know why you got banned, and pm if you want to talk, but i think a nice person as you, should not have been banned. Though I dont knowthe full story, but pm me.

I'll pm you, Maya...

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 29, 2015, 10:28:38 AMThat's nice that you all want to forgive him, but he broke forum rules and that is how things are. He's just going to have to deal with the consequence of his actions.
Well, here's my question for you Maestro.
Why are these forum rules in place? Generally speaking, I would say they're here so that everyone enjoys themselves without fear of being harassed, so that NSM remains (relatively) civil and peaceful, and ultimately so that we have general guidelines to abide by.
So, he broke the rules. He made life very unpleasant for Maya and company.
He made things uncivil. Which is better, locking him out for however long, so that when he comes back he feels angry about "I tried to apologize and make things better, they wouldn't let me", or give him a single chance to make things better?
Which is worse, locking him out and isolating the problem, or trying to let him fix the problem himself?
what is shitpost

mikey

my 2 cents: I don't want to see him "fix the problem"
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 29, 2015, 10:45:40 AMWell, here's my question for you Maestro.
Why are these forum rules in place? Generally speaking, I would say they're here so that everyone enjoys themselves without fear of being harassed, so that NSM remains (relatively) civil and peaceful, and ultimately so that we have general guidelines to abide by.
So, he broke the rules. He made life very unpleasant for Maya and company.
He made things uncivil. Which is better, locking him out for however long, so that when he comes back he feels angry about "I tried to apologize and make things better, they wouldn't let me", or give him a single chance to make things better?
Which is worse, locking him out and isolating the problem, or trying to let him fix the problem himself?
That is not a precedent I am willing to set. Just because you're sorry doesn't mean your actions are excused, that isn't how the real world works. We've punished people for less and didn't give them any such consideration, so we will not give him such for being so outlandishly vile.