iDOWN's Arrangments (9-20: 3 songs FIX'D!)

Started by iDOWN, May 24, 2008, 01:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iDOWN

Okay, sorry for the double post, but I have an important announcement.

I will not be arranging for the rest of this year. Marching band and drumline is taking much of my time. On top of that, I have to go to two schools everyday; I'm taking Game Design at another school for first block. So, all of these classes take up my extra time. Plus, I need to take time on memorizing my show music, as my band is going to Bands of America, a national marching band competition. ^_^

Also, the usual girl excuse. She steals my time away. :P

So, I'll be working on my Rainbow Road Project in my computer classes when I have time, but I can't garuntee anything. I'll be arranging once next semester starts. I may take a little time to arrange over some holidays like thanksgiving and such. But don't expect any new arrangements soon. I'M NOT QUITTING. I'll be around as frequently as I am now. I'm in the Chat every now and then as well, but I'm almost always idle. lol. I'll still be putting my current sheets up to be submitted, but it doesn't look like there's going to be an update anytime soon. :P

so.. yeah.

Nana1Popo2

sweet, you're in marching band too? nice! i actually just got back from Wednesday night practice. I play the Alto Sax. Maybe ill meet u one day at a competition! (although, i dont think we're goin to the one u mentioned)

also, our band, last year, got rated Superior out of the entire state! and now im part of it! :D

gl in your band!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

iDOWN

Thanks. :D

And that's cool. We got rated surperior of our state, too. ;]

Nana1Popo2

Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Nakah

Nice job with Daisy Circut and Koopa Cape. It's a shame you're not arranging, for a while now. I'll accept both songs, though.

iDOWN

Spank you very much, Nakah, my boy. :]
I guess you meant "Arranging" instead of "Accepting". Because I was like "omgwtf?" when I read your post, randomly thinking that I turned into a mod. xD

ALPRAS

your arrangement of "Toad Brigade" sonds good, but it needs some fixes, starting for the name, because the song called "Starshroom". Next, theres some notes in the left hand that they are one 8va down than it should. But it realy sounds good. Good work !

iDOWN

Are you saying it's an octave too low or too high?

EDIT: It's called "Toad Brigade". Every video of the song on YouTube says "Toad Brigade". I searched "Starshroom" and got nothing song wise.

ALPRAS

8va high.

Edit: Well, I have the OST of the game and the song is called "Starshroom". But, If you say the its "Toad  Brigade", well, put it. (In fact, I think that name is better  :P)
Keep up with your excelent work  ;)

Nakah

Toad Factory accepted. I'd like to see if you could manage to improvise with that at all and make it sound better(of course I mean more complicated). Other than that it's excellent as it is.

iDOWN

You mean with Toad's Factory?

I can't make it harder, if you want. I was trying not to make it impossible, but I guess I got carried away with the easiness. ^~^;;

I'm still out of power, but I'll fix it when I can. (I'm at a friend's house.)
Also, Nakah, you put up my old version of Koopa Cape. I don't know how you got it because the one in my post is my new version. (The last measure is the only difference.)

WiiMan96

Though you're not arranging often anymore, I really enjoy your arrangements, iDOWN. Where do you find the Mario Kart Wii music?
 :)

iDOWN

YouTube. I am one of the few who arrange by ear. ^_^

Once you learn how to, it really helpful.

ALPRAS

I arrange by ear too. And for those who have a good ear is very easy to make it, but it for those who dont have... forget it. Me and IDOWN and some others are luckys to have this gift.

WiiMan96

Cool. I don't think I have THE GIFT  ::)

*EDIT*

:o Hooray! 50th Post! Jr. Member! Hurrah!  8) *turns to find hundreds of people staring at him*  :-[
 ::)