Arrangement Project (Paper Mario)

Started by Sebastian, January 17, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

I think all that's left is accept the already arranged sheets. But yeah, this AP is stagnant atm

FierceDeity

Preemptive self-quote:
Quote from: FierceDeity on October 14, 2014, 07:25:24 PMwhy do people always blame slow updates on the updaters
instead of the arrangers whose sheets they have to fix

DonValentino

Just to be clear, I didn't blame anyone, I just said that all that's left is accept the arranged sheets because that is what's actually left to do with this (and of course, a sheet must be fixed in order to be accepted :p).

FierceDeity

No yeah, that's why I said it was preemptive :P these conversations just tend to devolve into "UGH UPDATERS FIX CHECK MY SHEETS ALREADY"

Also wait how the shit has nobody taken/done A Kingdom in Chaos yet
Like, a lot of these I have trouble seeing how I could make it work/be interesting as a piano arrangement (lookin at you mt. lavalava), but not this one, so fuck it, I'll take this one as long as the project's still in limbo

Sebastian

Quote from: FierceDeity on November 21, 2014, 02:59:17 PMNo yeah, that's why I said it was preemptive :P these conversations just tend to devolve into "UGH UPDATERS FIX CHECK MY SHEETS ALREADY"

Also wait how the shit has nobody taken/done A Kingdom in Chaos yet
Like, a lot of these I have trouble seeing how I could make it work/be interesting as a piano arrangement (lookin at you mt. lavalava), but not this one, so fuck it, I'll take this one as long as the project's still in limbo
Great :)

King Sammer

Mr. L, Green Thunder!

Maybe Brobot Battle...
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Maelstrom

Quote from: King Sammer on November 26, 2014, 09:15:16 AMMr. L, Green Thunder!

Maybe Brobot Battle...
Paper Mario.
Not Super Paper Mario.

Sebastian

Maelstrom

Will this enter review now that the holidays are upon us?

Sebastian

The Deku Trombonist

Bloop:

Kammy Koopa's Theme
-Needs a major reworking

Snow Road
-Tempo is a fraction too slow
-Most of the chords need fixing up

Gates of Goomba Castle
-Bars 4-5 could be notated clearer
-Same with bar 9 which can mostly be in one layer
-The end of bar 7 would probably make it look like a 5/4 bar when printed

Sebastian

FierceDeity

He hasn't forgotten it, he just hasn't gotten to it yet. Relax.

Bloop

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 20, 2014, 06:19:08 AMKammy Koopa's Theme
-Needs a major reworking
Is this enough reworking?

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 20, 2014, 06:19:08 AMSnow Road
-Tempo is a fraction too slow
-Most of the chords need fixing up
This should do the trick, although I'm not sure about the chords. They weird, but I tried my best.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on December 20, 2014, 06:19:08 AMGates of Goomba Castle
-Bars 4-5 could be notated clearer
-Same with bar 9 which can mostly be in one layer
-The end of bar 7 would probably make it look like a 5/4 bar when printed
I prefer to keep bar 9 as it is, as the layers are two different voices (see previous bar). Fixed 4-5 and 7 though

Maelstrom

Two questions.
1. It has been 3 1/2 months since the last piece was arranged. Maybe it's time to consider the project closed.......

2. I understand the reasoning behind not letting the next arrangement project start until the current one is finished: So there is not multiple projects waiting for review simultaneously. However, if the current project is closed, even if the review process goes slowly, it should be completed by the time the next project is finished.