News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Arrangement Project (Paper Mario)

Started by Sebastian, January 17, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

I personally think all those naturals lying around just makes the sheet harder to read

Maelstrom

Quote from: DonValentino on February 10, 2015, 12:15:59 PMIs it bad?
It's just a preference/formatting choice. I think you can guess what my choice is.

And, yes, my choice does not need to be the same as yours. I just think it looks cleaner.

The Deku Trombonist

This is a blues rip-off and a big part of blues is the tension between major/minor third and perfect/diminished fifth scale degrees. So I think the key can stay as A maj. Sometimes people write blues with a #4 instead of b5 but I tend to prefer b5. Up to you.

nacho2420

Here are my 5 new ones to submit so you guys can add them to the OP. Originally meant to submit these individually but if this project gets its own update I'd rather submit them here!  :D

Approach to the Mansion
Club 64
Keeping Pace
Monty Moles Attack Petunia
Tubba Blubba's Castle

Sebastian

I'll get those up as soon as possible. I wont be on my computer tonight so sometime tomorrow! :)

DonValentino

Quote from: Bloop on February 10, 2015, 01:07:17 PMI personally think all those naturals lying around just makes the sheet harder to read

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on February 10, 2015, 05:09:15 PMThis is a blues rip-off and a big part of blues is the tension between major/minor third and perfect/diminished fifth scale degrees. So I think the key can stay as A maj. Sometimes people write blues with a #4 instead of b5 but I tend to prefer b5. Up to you.

If you guys don't mind, I prefer to keep the b5. That way the bass is also somehow more consistent, with 2 A's, 2 C's, 2 D's and 2 E's, instead of 3 D's and 1 E (which wouldn't be wrong at all though). Also, it follows the same pattern over and over so it shouldn't give that much trouble to read, even if is not as clean as using a D#.

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 10, 2015, 05:00:30 PMIt's just a preference/formatting choice. I think you can guess what my choice is.

And, yes, my choice does not need to be the same as yours. I just think it looks cleaner.

Yeah I understand your point of view, but is not something too unusual, tying two eighths with a rest in the middle. Well dunno, it would be ok in both forms tbh

Sebastian

Sorry Nacho. Im having trouble getting your songs in the OP :P
Im gonna make a new layout of the Op later with your songs in too. Right now I have to take care of something.....

nacho2420

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 11, 2015, 10:49:40 AMSorry Nacho. Im having trouble getting your songs in the OP :P
Im gonna make a new layout of the Op later with your songs in too. Right now I have to take care of something.....

No worries, thank you!

Sebastian

Sebastian

Are we agreed on Attack of the Koopa Bros? If so.....
Number 3.

Approach to the Mansion - Nacho2420 - Mus, PDF, and MIDI

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYZ6kQ9bHNk

Sebastian

Feedback for Approach to the Mansion:

- Url is http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/    I know it's persnickety, but that is in the guidelines.
- The last measure, measure 14, isn't needed. A and D are only held for 4 beats.

That's all I notice. Excellent Job!!!!!

Bloop

Make sure the note beaming of the second voice in the left hand in m. 6 is pointing upwards. Also, maybe move the upper layers in the left hand in m. 2 en 7 to the right hand (with an L.H. marking, of course)

nacho2420

Sebastian

Ok! Got your updated file in the OP! :)

Here is the next one.
(We'll skip Fierce's song(s) for now since he isn't around and since his are usually perfect :P )

Boo's Dance (Boo's Mansion Theme) - mariolegofanZIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcE4Rsqz04w

I already did some working on this song earlier today. Whatcha guys think?

nacho2420

Fixed some wrong notes at meas. 10 and 18.
The bass notes may sound dissonant but those are the occurring notes in the original.
Talk about quirky music! lol. Here's the edited file