Started by Sebastian, January 17, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nacho2420

Sebastian

Sebastian

Next.....
Monty Moles Attack Petunia - Nacho2420Mus, PDF, and MIDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM5AO0FND7c

Does anyone have any feedback on this one? Don? Bloop? Anyone?

Bloop

ohwait totally forgot the previous one
it was fine to me though

-I'd but the first key change in m. 6 instead of m. 7
-Use an 8vb marking at the left hand in m. 9, 13 and 17
-Change the E naturals in m. 14-16 to Fb's
-Put a double barline at the end of m. 18

Also link again

nacho2420

-Key changes happen at the beginning of new phrases, I've seen plenty of music doing that.
-Ledger lines shouldn't be an issue at those measures since it is assumed they are octaves. Again, I've seen so many pieces with that kind of writing, plus, as a player I actually find it more confusing with all the random 8vb markings interrupting the staff. If the entire phrase in the left hand were lower, I would use an 8vb bass clef (not sure what the exact name is)
-I can't believe I keep putting the old url, my bad  :-[ Fixed it though

Your points aren't wrong, but I want to stick with my choices. I guess it's up to an updater to clarify what they want.

I'm all about making sure the arrangement is rhythmically and harmonically as accurate as the original, I'm not too worried about notation as long as it is as readable as possible.

Sebastian

Quote from: nacho2420 on March 11, 2015, 12:07:40 PM-Key changes happen at the beginning of new phrases, I've seen plenty of music doing that.
-Ledger lines shouldn't be an issue at those measures since it is assumed they are octaves. Again, I've seen so many pieces with that kind of writing, plus, as a player I actually find it more confusing with all the random 8vb markings interrupting the staff. If the entire phrase in the left hand were lower, I would use an 8vb bass clef (not sure what the exact name is)
-I can't believe I keep putting the old url, my bad  :-[ Fixed it though

Your points aren't wrong, but I want to stick with my choices. I guess it's up to an updater to clarify what they want.

I'm all about making sure the arrangement is rhythmically and harmonically as accurate as the original, I'm not too worried about notation as long as it is as readable as possible.
Ok! So, is the link in the OP fixed?

Sebastian

Nnnnnnext
Raphael the Raven (Replacement) - DonValentino - MUS PDF MIDI
Any feedback here, guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyEZjW4AWFo

Sebastian

DonValentino

Sebastian

Excellent!
(If you have any feedback on the songs in the Banjo Replacement Project, that'd be great! :) )

Sebastian

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNext!!!!!
Snow Road - Bloop - .ZIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8zOglaaTeY

Sebastian

Snow Road:
- Mesaure 3: It's G and B in the left hand.
- Measure 11: The bottom note sound more like a D than a C (Right hand).
- Measure 15: The G sounds more like a G sharp (Right Hand).
- Maybe add theat 3rd voice you can hear throughout measures 13 to the end?
- Url

Bloop

Quote from: mariolegofan on March 11, 2015, 02:09:16 PM- Mesaure 3: It's G and B in the left hand.
It is already. Notice the clef change.

Quote from: mariolegofan on March 11, 2015, 02:09:16 PM- Measure 11: The bottom note sound more like a D than a C (Right hand).
- Measure 15: The G sounds more like a G sharp (Right Hand).
Fixed; I have no idea what the chords are actually, I tried my best to get them as close to the original as possible.

Quote from: mariolegofan on March 11, 2015, 02:09:16 PM- Maybe add theat 3rd voice you can hear throughout measures 13 to the end?
It looks, plays and sounds a bit too excessive imo

Quote from: mariolegofan on March 11, 2015, 02:09:16 PM- Url
Done

Sorry, completely forgot about this. [ZIP]

Sebastian

JesterMusician

I think the left hand B in Measure 3 is an octave lower.

I would write everything from Measure 17 to the end in the key of Db, including a key change.

If you sacrifice octaves and the cluster chords, maybe you could do something like this for that third voice?
Disclaimer: I'm not an experienced pianist so I don't actually know if this makes sense, haha.