News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Arrangement Project (Paper Mario)

Started by Sebastian, January 17, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Good effort! We'll see what Bloop thinks.....

Bloop

Quote from: JesterMusician on March 22, 2015, 03:39:50 AMI think the left hand B in Measure 3 is an octave lower.
Good catch! That B also seemed to collide with the right hand, so it'd be better off an octave lower. Done.

Quote from: JesterMusician on March 22, 2015, 03:39:50 AMI would write everything from Measure 17 to the end in the key of Db, including a key change.
Also Done

Quote from: JesterMusician on March 22, 2015, 03:39:50 AMIf you sacrifice octaves and the cluster chords, maybe you could do something like this for that third voice?
Disclaimer: I'm not an experienced pianist so I don't actually know if this makes sense, haha.
It's alright, but I think that makes me sacrifice a bit too much; Like that, the bass notes don't continue at the same rate and the upper voice doesn't sound as twinkly (also, the right hand is playable, but hell-ish). I tried something else though, still sacrificing the chords, but fills up perfectly (I think): [ZIP]

Sebastian

Guess we move on
The Master! (Replacement) - mariolegofan - ZIP
Any feedback here?

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-PFmTf00GQ

Sebastian

There.
Fixed a ton of sour stuff including url and wrong notes. Also added a bunch of missing voices.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogjs0qvu5t61q7x/Paper%20Mario%20-%20The%20Master%21.zip?dl=0

JesterMusician

"Solemnly" isn't exactly how I'd describe the feeling, and it would imply a slow tempo like 60. Perhaps "Maestoso" (or "Majestically" if you want an English term).

I'd add a grace note D to the E in 14.

I'd write the tied note in 15 as a dotted half instead of a half tied into a quarter.

I'm not sure if the F's in the left hand actually change octaves. Could those chords all be just moving fifths?

EDIT: I don't like using slurs to connect two notes of equal pitch because they may look like ties. Rather I'd use tenuto marks.

Perhaps you can include the missing voice in the intro by using the left hand? Just G's, in octaves during 3 and 4, like this:

Sebastian

Wow! Nice! You did your homework, JesterMusician ;)
I get right on that stuff :)

Bloop

Try to bit a bit more clear about what notes are and aren't pressed: m. 8 RH for example can't be played physically. I'd change the whole note into a quarter.

Also, move the last two notes in the LH in m. 16 to the first layer. It can't be physically played and it makes the measure look like a 5/4 measure instead of a 4/4 one.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on April 09, 2015, 12:52:47 PMTry to bit a bit more clear about what notes are and aren't pressed: m. 8 RH for example can't be played physically. I'd change the whole note into a quarter.

Also, move the last two notes in the LH in m. 16 to the first layer. It can't be physically played and it makes the measure look like a 5/4 measure instead of a 4/4 one.
Pedal :P

Bloop

I think the pedal would sacrifice a bit too much of the staccato/tenuto contrast in those fifths and fourths in the right hand

Sebastian

Oh ok :)
I'll see what I can do with it.

Sebastian

Bloop

Yeah, just fix what Jester said and it's alright I guess

Sebastian

Sebastian

Quote from: JesterMusician on April 06, 2015, 02:45:18 AM"Solemnly" isn't exactly how I'd describe the feeling, and it would imply a slow tempo like 60. Perhaps "Maestoso" (or "Majestically" if you want an English term).

I'd add a grace note D to the E in 14.

I'd write the tied note in 15 as a dotted half instead of a half tied into a quarter.

I'm not sure if the F's in the left hand actually change octaves. Could those chords all be just moving fifths?

EDIT: I don't like using slurs to connect two notes of equal pitch because they may look like ties. Rather I'd use tenuto marks.

Perhaps you can include the missing voice in the intro by using the left hand? Just G's, in octaves during 3 and 4, like this:

Fixed

Sebastian

Next song:

Tubba Blubba's Pursuit (Replacement) - mariolegofan - ZIP

Original: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iNHugRqToVs