[3DS] Pokemon X/Y - "Route 15/16/17"

Started by hjm978, March 07, 2014, 11:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

^Lol, when I first started, I couldn't tell the difference between a P8 and a M3. And slow, I don't think it's all that terrible as long as they're arranging SOMETHING (if you can't arrange music, the only way to learn how is to try.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FierceDeity

I actually have this one mostly done already, so I'll let you know when I have it finished :D

And I mean, as far as not being good enough to arrange certain things, there are a looottt of pieces I put off until I was better at arranging, and still some that I don't feel I'd be able to do enough justice. I agree with firearrow, as long as they're arranging SOMETHING and not just writing off ALL arranging because they're not good at it, they should be fine.

I'd recommend starting with simpler 8-bit soundtracks that you like. Even if it's pretty fast, dealing with a texture like that that isn't super thick, and transcribing that sort of counterpoint, is great ear training. I know I was pretty shitty before I worked on transcribing a bunch of Pokemon Pinball songs; there are a bunch of arrangements in my thread that I'm not so proud of, which I should really go back and fix XD

And that's after only being on here for...I wanna say 7 months, now? Yeah, it doesn't matter if you're doing super complicated stuff, or doing it extremely well, just as long as you're doing SOMETHING.

hjm978

Thanks everyone. I haven't had time to get on due to the play for school... but thanks guys. I'll give arranging a shot when this play is over.

Bubbles

FireArrow

Bubbles, y u bump good songs. I can't just choose one to arrange .-.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bubbles

then do them all so you wont have to make a difficult decision!!

I actually kind of want to arrange this but

1. I don't want to ruin a good song
2. I'll probably drop it halfway
3. FierceDeity said he was almost done it

FierceDeity

This one was next on my list I swear haha, I just gotta finish this blasted film score first

FierceDeity

Wow, I suck at timeliness
This didn't even take that long to finish, I just procrastinated the fuck out of it

Here you go.
PDF     MIDI     MUS