News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Mono Playback (Finale 2014)

Started by Zunawe, July 24, 2015, 07:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

I'm just curious if anybody knows how to set playback to mono for multiple instruments. It's not a big issue, but I find it irritating to hear three staves through my right ear and one through my left when doing something with two instruments. Especially when there's no overlap, and an entire track is either one side or the other.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

InsigTurtle

I don't know of any mono/stereo settings, but you could set the pan to 64 (dead center). One of the following should work, not sure which one is more efficient though:
-Using studio view and setting the pan of every staff to 64
-Creating an expression that sets controller 10 to 64, then adding it to every staff
-Using the MIDI tool to set the continuous data of controller 10 in an entire area to 64

holland_oates89

The smartest way to do this is with the ScoreManager, because both SmartMusic SoftSynth and the Aria Player (or any other VST/AU plug-in) is slaved to this dialog box:

1. Open your document.
2. Click Window > ScoreManager. You should see a window that displays every instrument with some volume and panning settings.
3. If you don't see any volume/pan options, click "Customize View" and select panning.
4. In the panning column, enter the value InsigTurtle mentioned: 64 - this tells Finale to balance playback between both speakers, i.e. in mono.

Alternatively, you could also click Window > Mixer and change the panning settings there. This is a graphical window designed to look a little like a mixing board, so that might be easier for you to visualize.
I work for MakeMusic! Please do ask me for help with Finale! Please don't ask me for special discounts, secret information, or bug fixes.

Disclaimer: The views expressed from me are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer!