News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

help pls?

Started by Damon_Gr., March 27, 2014, 12:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damon_Gr.

how do I transpose piano to flute? I have never tried before and I've only been in band for 3 years.

Fight until the bitter end. That's how you get ahead and win.

Greg

They should be exactly the same for a flute. So you can basically just play the highest part of the arrangements here if that's what you want to do.

McDucky

Any specific sheet?   
Like Greg said, play the top staff. If there's multiple notes, try one of them; usually the bottommost one.

Damon_Gr.

alright thanks :) but i'm stumped on the pokemon yellow gym sheet it has some LOW notes

mikey

Move them up 2 octaves.  Easy peasy.
unmotivated

McDucky

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 28, 2014, 12:44:20 PMMove them up 2 octaves.  Easy peasy.
Why 2? 1 Octave should do..

braix

2 is an even number.
If it were 1 octave it would be a bit odd.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Clanker37

Quote from: zoroark1264 on March 29, 2014, 07:40:17 AM2 is an even number.
uh? Elaborate.

Though I really hope for your sake that your reasoning isn't an awful pun. 1 octave mightn't be as odd as it seems

McDucky

Quote from: zoroark1264 on March 29, 2014, 07:40:17 AM2 is an even number.

Moving it up one octave is the equivalent of doubling the frequency, so it wouldn't be that odd. 
Octo in latin means "eight", so it would be 1*8=8

mikey

well because assuming the melody would be played in octave 4 octave 5 is a bit too low for a flute isn't it?
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Actually octave 5 is fairly comfortable for flute unless I'm mistaken.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

If an octave were uncomfortable for an instrument, that instrument would not be written with that octave inside of the staff. Flute is in concert pitch with no octave transposition, so you can safely assume that octave 5 isn't too low XD
As for exact/realistic range, Google yields fairly accurate results. I just started playing flute yesterday for a practicum, and I can already play C4 - G5. Only goes up from there (unless you have a B footjoint, in which case you can go down one halfstep more. Woo).

Damon_Gr.

Alright thanks! I'll try one octave first then i'll see if sounds right. If not then ill try 2.