News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

beginner program help

Started by Maelstrom, April 07, 2014, 06:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Ok, new to the arranging business, but I would like to get started. I downloaded finale 2012 notepad, but it is incredibly unintuitive. I also have guitartux, which is a better program and can create guitar tabs from a MIDI file, along with many more editing options. However, it does not have the option for a keyboard input for the notes. Any other programs to suggest? Is transcribe! and good for an assistance program? It can be easily set to play only a portion of a piece and can suggest notes. Obviously, since I am new at this, I'm not going to go out and buy Finale 2014 or whatever, but might do the trial just because. So, any suggestions? I have a few pieces "figured out" but haven't taken the time to write them down. I am very intrested in any sort of keyboard interface possible.

braix

(I'm being no help by saying this, but...)I have absolutely no idea if you can even use your MIDI keyboard in Finale. Finale seems to me like a note-for-note thing so far. Clickies the note, clickies it in, rinse and repeat. At least for me, but don't listen too much to what I'm saying; I'm pretty much the arranging noob here at EnEsEm(huehuehue). As for ze programaaaaah, just get trials for random stuff, try it out, uninstall, and keep doing that until you find somethin you like. Finale is good, though.

PS: Just Google it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

I was able to get the keyboard to work, but I found out that you still need to decide what notes it inputs. Otherwise, it works fine.

braix

Just use hotkeys for that note changing thing and you should be fine
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

I'll do that as soon as school's over. I'm homeschooled, so I don't have much work after the next 2-3 weeks. So I guess you'll be hearing from me again!

mikey

Hopefully we will.
I'd like to see what you're working on when it's done :P
unmotivated

Maelstrom

I have rundas battle from MP3, but I haven't transcribed it yet