News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

offbrandwagner's arrangments

Started by offbrandwagner, April 26, 2022, 06:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

offbrandwagner

Hi, I'm a new member of this site. I was working on some Mega Man 3 arrangements a few months ago, so I thought I'd one of those, specifically "Shadow Man Stage", which hasn't been uploaded to this site yet. I've (tried to) attached the pdf, mus and mid files to this message (I'm not very tech savvy, so I might have linked them incorrectly).
Some notes:
- I've written the sheet music in 3 staves because it's a transcription rather than a piano arrangement. Would it be better for me to arrange the music for piano?
- The section I'm most unsure about is bars 33-40.

PDF MUS MID

LeviR.star

Quote from: offbrandwagner on April 26, 2022, 06:19:50 AMHi, I'm a new member of this site. I was working on some Mega Man 3 arrangements a few months ago, so I thought I'd one of those, specifically "Shadow Man Stage", which hasn't been uploaded to this site yet. I've (tried to) attached the pdf, mus and mid files to this message (I'm not very tech savvy, so I might have linked them incorrectly).
Some notes:
- I've written the sheet music in 3 staves because it's a transcription rather than a piano arrangement. Would it be better for me to arrange the music for piano?
- The section I'm most unsure about is bars 33-40.

PDF MUS MID

Hey, welcome to the site! As far as your first question goes, I would recommend you arrange your three-voice transcriptions into two-handed piano scores from here on out. Here, I think it's quite doable: just take a look at Static's own sheet of this. He omits those wild sixteenth figures when necessary, but otherwise keeps the two upper voices intact in a very sensible way. I think it'd be a good idea to check out some of the other Mega Man sheets both on-site and around the forums to get a feel for this; myself, I've got 125+ over in my own thread. Things like this don't come easy at first, but you're off to a pretty good start, I must say.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

offbrandwagner

Thanks for the reply! From now on I'll arrange my transcriptions for piano with two staves. Also, I didn't realise there was already a Shadow Man arrangement on the website. On the main site, if you go to Series>Mega Man>Mega Man 3, Static's arrangement isn't there. I'm new to this site so I still don't fully understand how to navigate it. In the future, how can I make sure that I'm not submitting music that has already been done before?

Static

Quote from: offbrandwagner on April 26, 2022, 09:32:22 PMI'm new to this site so I still don't fully understand how to navigate it. In the future, how can I make sure that I'm not submitting music that has already been done before?
That old Mega Man sheet of mine is still in my arrangements thread (i.e. in the same board as this thread). I haven't submitted it yet, so it's not on the main site. That being said, feel free to submit yours if you want, I wasn't really planning on doing it anytime soon.