News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

E3 2014

Started by DonValentino, April 12, 2014, 02:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

It's not that far away tbh. And after the Smash Direct, it's the next big Nintendo event.

I think we'll see a playable Smash Bros 3DS and character announcements (the great majority of veterans) plus 2 or 3 newcomers (Go K. Rool!) and a decent amount of unannounced Wii U and 3DS games, and of course, the first glimpse at Zelda U and Mario U.

Personally, I'd finally love to see a Starfox or a Metroid or Wii U, as well as maybe an F-Zero. More Yarn Yoshi, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Monolith's X, Hyrule Warriors as well as release dates would also be awesome!

OFFICIAL NINTENDO E3 SITE: http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/

SlowPokemon

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I couldn't care less about any of the other things you mentioned.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

You know what I'd like to see? Another Nintendo Land, with new games swapping out some of the old ones. It's doubtful, but I can hope. Or at the very least something like a downloadable expansion for the original.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 12, 2014, 02:23:48 PMProfessor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I couldn't care less about any of the other things you mentioned.

Aww, not even Yarn Yoshi? But it's so cute!

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 12, 2014, 02:36:32 PMYou know what I'd like to see? Another Nintendo Land, with new games swapping out some of the old ones. It's doubtful, but I can hope. Or at the very least something like a downloadable expansion for the original.

Hmm, that'd would be nice too, but as you say, it's not very possible unfortunately.

SlowPokemon

Hmmmm the way Nintendo operates, I can see Nintendo Land 2 being a thing.

Kirby's Epic Yarn had a lovely, beautiful art style, but the game itself was incredibly boring for me so I can't get too hyped for Yarn Yoshi. Though I will say I tend to enjoy Yoshi games more than Kirby games, so we'll see!

I think that at E3, if not before, we'll have a complete character list for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.

Maybe another Kid Icarus game, though that will probably happen after Sakurai finishes with Super Smash Bros. It's a bit of a stretch, but maybe some sort of Wario game for the Nintendo 3DS? It would be the first Wario game on the system besides Virtual Console.

It's been confirmed that the team who developed Super Mario 3D World is working on a new Mario game, so maybe we'll hear an official announcement of that? And I'm guessing it's a 3D one given their last production. We don't know if it's for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U, but I'm guessing Wii U. There's some speculation that it's going to be Super Mario Galaxy 3. I'd be fine with that, or I'd be fine with a new 3D Mario game, but I hope that it's more open world like Galaxy and 64 as opposed to a series of levels a la Super Mario 3D World.

As far as non-first party Nintendo games go, I want to know more about Layton 7 and the new Ace Attorney game Shu Takumi has been working on (maybe a release date for one of those), and I want the original Phoenix Wright trilogy 3DS to be confirmed for America.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

I would definitely love to see a new Kid Icarus game. Hopefully Sakurai will at least hint at something.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

MaestroUGC

We won't get a full roster for Smash until after the game comes out. Gotta leave us something to find! I honestly don't expect much more from Smash aside from some playable demos and perhaps a solid release date.

A new Wario Land for the 3DS would neat, it'd be neat to see classic Wario and all of his jerkitude in a new game, and not a micro-game collection.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a teaser from whatever Retro Studios is working on. Perhaps we'll even see what Miymoto's new IP is, since he's been rumored to be working on something new for a while now.

mikey

What exactly IS E3?  I understand that they have trailers for upcoming games/devices but do they do anything else?
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

It's really a platform for announcements in the gaming industry and offer demos for upcoming games as well has a place for developers to discuss and hawk their products.

Nebbles

I'd love to see news on the new Zelda and Mario games as well, but I'd definitely like Layton news as well... and the rest of the ssb stuff. Basically, what you guys said.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

unmotivated

Waddle Bro

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 12, 2014, 03:02:08 PMI would definitely love to see a new Kid Icarus game. Hopefully Sakurai will at least hint at something.

KefkaticFanatic

Nintendo pls actual game lineup for Wii U

me irl
[close]

MaestroUGC

Well yes, I would like to expand my library for my Wii U. I'd like more than 6 games that I currently love.

Nebbles

...yeah. My Wii U really needs some new games.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel