News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

E3 2014

Started by DonValentino, April 12, 2014, 02:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

They will. After the show, IGN had an interview with Reggie. He said nintendo will be pacing announcements throughout the entire week. We don't even know what mystery game the press conference will be on tomorrow night.

MaestroUGC

I actually quite liked Splatoon, it looks like a fun experience and that's really all I ask for in a game. Yoshi's Wooly World looks delightful. Kind of glad they announced Mario Party 10; on the one hand I wish they would go back to the standard board game experience, but getting to play as Bowser and troll my friends is always a plus in my book.

I'll be getting Captain Toad cause I enjoyed those levels in Mario 3D World and they really ramped up the content for those. Bayonetta has been on my play list for a while now so now that Platinum is releasing the original with the sequel is fantastic.

Pokémon and Smash info was expected. Star Fox is long overdue. That Mario Maker thing looks like Nintendo has finally read my e-mails, it's definitely something I've wanted for a long time.

Nintendo's Amiibo was going to come sooner or later, I don't think I'll ever use it but it should prove to be a good revenue stream for Nintendo, so that's good for them.

The event isn't over yet and Miyamoto is still supposed to be presenting something at the Treehouse, it's probably Star Fox now, but there's still much more information and announcements that could be made in the next few days.

Still, Wii U seems to be getting some love now, so that's good.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney FINALLY pinned down for August 29. I don't even care how far away it is, we finally have a date.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

It's nice that they talked about some games, it looks like the Wii U might start being a console to pop up on more buying lists....in 2015.  The only major system selling 2014 release we have going is Smash which I could easily see as being delayed given Sakurai, otherwise it's just super nishe game Bayonetta and a dubiously successful or even good zelda spinoff by a bad developer

bleh.  Also still depending on mario shovelware is a bit aggravating while not working on any substantial new IP. (By new IP, I'm talking like a Pikmin tier, not this one-off squid shooter)

I'll definitely be getting a Wii U for Zelda, but that's at the earlier not going to be until holiday 2015, and could easily be delayed like many prior Zelda games seem to have been...

me irl
[close]

blueflower999

I don't know if there's something wrong with me or what, but I think Splatoon actually looks like a lot of fun.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Splatoon does look like a lot of fun, I'll definitely be getting it when it comes out.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

I think I'll wait for reviews and what people who get it are saying. I'm a little iffy on it. It's a really neat and weird concept though and I love how Nintendo is still being bizarre and taking weird projects even when their future is a bit uncertain.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Splatoon does look fun, but I want to make sure it's fun for more than a few rounds of shooting. I'll probably wait for reviews too.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DonValentino

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 10, 2014, 06:48:44 PMIt's nice that they talked about some games, it looks like the Wii U might start being a console to pop up on more buying lists....in 2015.

Hah, my thoughts exactly. I mean, is Mario Maker that difficult to make? Or Captain Toad? Really? -_-

K-NiGhT

Splatoon looks good. It's just pretty much Nintendo's way of getting into the shooter market while still appealing to its younger demographic.

Pokemon news is neat.

Smash news is great. LOVE the new characters. Pacman should be interesting. Disappointed about 3DS's delay, but it was kind of expected. Let's just hope it's not another Brawl situation.

2015 looks good for the WiiU, but don't count this year out yet. There may be a few surprises in store. I was finally convinced to get one, and as a former skeptic, I can honestly say that the Wii U is a very nice console.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Maelstrom

S.T.E.A.M. is real. Devloped by Intelligent Systems, this game will be a cartoony, steampunk, turn-based game.
And this:
"Players will take command of the unit steam a unique fighting force created by Abraham Lincoln to defend against a mysterious invasion from space,"

edit: Cell-shaded and 3rd-person shooter. (still turn-based)

Nebbles

It looks really, really interesting. I might get it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Echo

Quote from: maelstrom. on June 11, 2014, 06:19:56 PMS.T.E.A.M. is real. Devloped by Intelligent Systems, this game will be a cartoony, steampunk, turn-based game.
And this:
"Players will take command of the unit steam a unique fighting force created by Abraham Lincoln to defend against a mysterious invasion from space,"

edit: Cell-shaded and 3rd-person shooter. (still turn-based)

Love how the Smash trailer yesterday foreshadowed Lincoln, haha.

Anyways, can't wait! I love Intelligent Systems, so I'm sure I'll like this game too. Some of the mechanics sounded similar to Advance Wars to me, although with more personal units like in Fire Emblem.

Pit0010

Splatoon looks really awesome! I love the gameplay they created for it.

AND OMG ZELDAWIIU LOOKS AMAZING
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030