News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Monkeybull223's Arrangements

Started by monkeybull223, April 24, 2014, 11:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeybull223

Hello all!

I am Monkeybull223 and i have been a member here at ninsheetmusic for about a year and a half now.  I am a percussionist who specializes in mallets (marimba, xylophone bells, vibes).  Most of the arrangements you might find here will be for mallet percussion/percussion ensembles.

I hope you enjoy my work!

Here is my first arrangement.  It is a transcription of this video for percussion septet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYtrnr4chfU

I spent about three weeks doing this.

Here is a Dropbox link to the score and all the parts in PDF and MUS filetypes.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mw4oia9uonb0fv7/c3xQu1XONf

I used Finale NotePad 2012 in tandem to Noteflight (so i could change tempos).  So excuse the fact that the Marimba 3 part says "Timpani 1" in the score, because it was the only way i could get a solitary bass clef for that part.
Pokemon Master, Percussionist (Marimbist/Timpanist/Marching Snare and Tenors), BAND GEEK! and all around nice guy (at least i think so).

Jompa

I actually know those guys 8) One of them was in my class last year
Your Zelda Main Theme arrangement is very good. I mean, as you are a percussionist that is to be expected. Something many arrangements lack is the practical part of it, but this arrangement is a good example of something a group of people could just pick up and start playing. So that's good.

Just a tip: Finale NotePad is actually pretty bad, which is the reason why you couldn't change the names of the instruments, or making the glockenspiel play in the right octave and all that stuff. Most of us on the site uses Finale PrintMusic or better, which imo is as good a program as you'll really ever need. If you're going to continue arranging I seriously suggest getting something better than NotePad, 'cause the limitations are just too much.
Birdo for Smash

monkeybull223

Quote from: Jompa on April 27, 2014, 04:53:41 AMI actually know those guys 8) One of them was in my class last year
Your Zelda Main Theme arrangement is very good. I mean, as you are a percussionist that is to be expected. Something many arrangements lack is the practical part of it, but this arrangement is a good example of something a group of people could just pick up and start playing. So that's good.

Just a tip: Finale NotePad is actually pretty bad, which is the reason why you couldn't change the names of the instruments, or making the glockenspiel play in the right octave and all that stuff. Most of us on the site uses Finale PrintMusic or better, which imo is as good a program as you'll really ever need. If you're going to continue arranging I seriously suggest getting something better than NotePad, 'cause the limitations are just too much.

Thank you very much!
Yeah, NotePad is pretty lackluster, I'm wanting to get and upgrade for my birthday in July. 
You mentioned that one of the guys who made the video was in you class last year. do you know if i could get all three guys names so i can list them as the arrangers, instead of listing their YouTube channel as the arranger.
Pokemon Master, Percussionist (Marimbist/Timpanist/Marching Snare and Tenors), BAND GEEK! and all around nice guy (at least i think so).

Jompa

Well personally I think their YouTube name would be better though. You could put "like performed by Mart0zz on YouTube" or something.
Birdo for Smash

monkeybull223

Quote from: Jompa on April 29, 2014, 02:27:26 AMWell personally I think their YouTube name would be better though. You could put "like performed by Mart0zz on YouTube" or something.

The only problem with that idea is that my transcription/arrangement isn't like they performed it in the video.
I just felt having their actual names would look more professional on the cover page.  Which I should probably upload, too.