News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Clefs n Shtuff

Started by braix, May 12, 2014, 07:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

So there's this song, right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS74ixjy7PA
So I was arranging the song and I'm like wtf this is impossible to play on piano.
Cuz both are down in ze bass place thing and if you tried to play it your hands'd flop and die tangling in each other. Soooooooo can I move ze theme up to the treble clef even if it's not really the actual pitch thingy or what?
I'm 98% sure that I'm making absolutely no sense at all right now.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

JDMEK5

If you're having trouble with both in the same register, I'd move the guitar up an octave. There's no problem with having the melody in the bass.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 12, 2014, 07:55:48 PMIf you're having trouble with both in the same register, I'd move the guitar up an octave. There's no problem with having the melody in the bass.
Yep. That's what I did with Lavos. Works well and you don't end up with any fingers in knots.

JDMEK5

Um, does that mean that the problem's solved?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

I did that with a song once.

Both bass and treble clef ran together so much through the song so I moved the bass down an octave.

braix

Okay, thanks I'll move things around
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.