News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Similar Music

Started by InsigTurtle, May 18, 2014, 02:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Which pieces that have you heard sound similar melody-wise to another piece, video game or otherwise?

For example: The Green Train's Fun, Too! from Mother 3 and the surfing music from Pokémon Black and White

Echo

From the same games in the first post: Mother 3's "Theme of Love" and Pokemon Black/White's "N's Farewell"

Maelstrom

There was some harmony part I learned in the wizard of oz that sounded exactly like the Hive Mecha Theme from Metroid Prime. I have no clue why I noticed that.  And, on a random side note, I could faintly hear the college graduation music from my house. I kept hearing a bar or two that made me expect it to turn into the fire emblem theme. I think I need to listen to less video game music. :P

JDMEK5

This song is basically these three throughout the whole thing:
Song 1
[close]
Song 2
[close]
Song 3
[close]
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

InsigTurtle

Here's one, concerning the one of the motifs first heard at 0:55 in this piece, and the melody in this guy, starting around 0:15. It's really just the descending triplets that sound similar.

MaestroUGC

Well of course, who wouldn't want to copy Liszt?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

I can't believe I haven't posted this here yet.

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fingerz

Quote from: MaestroUGC on May 19, 2014, 08:23:33 PMWell of course, who wouldn't want to copy Liszt?
So damn true. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

InsigTurtle

I'm bumping this guy up because I don't want to create a new topic.
This one, I've noticed for a while now, but it's still pretty neat.

This one's similarities are quite a bit weaker, but I've seen a lot of comparisons between it and the former two.

Yug_Guy