News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Recommend me some NES games.

Started by Wolf, June 02, 2014, 12:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

I want to play some NES games but don't know what to play. So please recommend me some NES games.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

off of the top of my head
  • Punch Out!!!
  • Mega Man
  • Mega Man 2
  • Mega Man 3
  • Street Fighter
  • Contra
  • Rockman IV Minus infinity (romhack, but it still counts)

mikey

First off, disappointed that nobody has said these yet:
The Legend of Zelda

Zelda II:  The Adventure of Link

And take these off the top of my head:

Contra

Duck Hunt

Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 (2 wasn't as good as these)

Excitebike

Metroid

Batman

Bionic Commando

NES World Cup

Tecmo Bowl

Punch Out

Final Fantasy (II?)

Castlevania

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden II

I'll be able to think of more later man
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 02, 2014, 05:28:05 AMSuper Mario Bros. 1 and 3 (2 wasn't as good as these)
Played these before
They were great :)

SlowPokemon

The Super Mario Bros. games get increasingly better, meaning that 2 is a lot better than 1 Nocturne lol.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

I absolutely loved super mario bros 2. More so than 3, even.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 02, 2014, 07:20:36 AMThe Super Mario Bros. games get increasingly better, meaning that 2 is a lot better than 1 Nocturne lol.
eh I disagree, didn't really like it.  2 wasn't even like 2 player was it?  It's just really different from classic mario.

And I think saying the SMB games get increasingly better is really pushing it
unmotivated

Echo

Super Mario Bros 2 isn't even a real Mario game >_>

Oh yeah, and StarTropics is the greatest NES game, arguably the greatest game of all time.

Olimar12345

The Goonies II was the shit iirc
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 02, 2014, 07:20:36 AMThe Super Mario Bros. games get increasingly better, meaning that 2 is a lot better than 1 Nocturne lol.
If you're talking about gameplay, 2 was an interesting game, but it just didn't feel like a Mario game (because it wasn't originally one :P). 1 is always a classic; I'd say that it's about equal with 3.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

3 is my favorite SMB game of all time to date. Followed closely by Super Mario World (which isn't for NES so dismiss it) and somewhere near the top of the list is the original SMB. As great as it is though, SMB2 doesn't even make my top 10 SMB-game list. Not to diss it or anything, but yeah.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

Circus Caper

The Muppets (like why is this game so hard)
unmotivated

Wolf

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 02, 2014, 05:28:05 AMFirst off, disappointed that nobody has said these yet:
The Legend of Zelda

Zelda II:  The Adventure of Link

And take these off the top of my head:

Contra

Duck Hunt

Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 (2 wasn't as good as these)

Excitebike

Metroid

Batman

Bionic Commando

NES World Cup

Tecmo Bowl

Punch Out

Final Fantasy (II?)

Castlevania

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden II

I'll be able to think of more later man
I appreciate for putting these lists, but sadly, I played all of em. except for final fantasy.

Wolf

Well I might as well try circus caper. And by the way, SMB2 has kind of a mixed opinion. Some people like it, some people hate it. But the reason it was very different from the rest of the Mario games was because SMB2 was actually a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic. (i'm not sure if the spelling is correct) But in the USA, it was released by the name of super Mario bros 2. While the real 2 only being released in Japan. But later it was released on Super Mario All-stars. I think some of you already know about this, right? or am I the only one?