News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

Mario Kart 8

Started by SlowPokemon, June 13, 2014, 08:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favorite DLC character in Mario Kart 8?

Tanooki Mario
Cat Peach
Link
Villager
Isabelle
Dry Bowser

Sebastian

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 27, 2015, 02:43:49 PMAUGH FUCK THIS GAME.

I've been trying to 3-star every course on every difficulty. I always get to the last lap of the last course and then get screwed over right at the end. I still haven't even started the Mirror cup courses.
Think that's hard? 200cc is hard! :p
I have 3 star on 50, 100, and 150 cc and only a few on mirror mode.

fingerz

I'm glad they've made 200cc. Getting 3-star rank on every cup was pretty much a breeze. The only way to really lose is to have incredibly bad luck with items. XD

So yeah, I just finished the new cups on Mirror and now doing Time Trials for 'em. I use Time Trials for lots of things, actually; to get a decent time, to gawk at the amazing graphics and go on a tour around the whole course and to drive as much of it as possible backwards. :P

...So yeah, I'm almost up to trying 200cc. As if I didn't already have trouble making DK turn around corners... I REALLY don't want to have to change characters, but Toad is looking pretty good if things go awfully. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sebastian

Quote from: fingerz on April 27, 2015, 03:21:22 PMI'm glad they've made 200cc. Getting 3-star rank on every cup was pretty much a breeze. The only way to really lose is to have incredibly bad luck with items. XD

So yeah, I just finished the new cups on Mirror and now doing Time Trials for 'em. I use Time Trials for lots of things, actually; to get a decent time, to gawk at the amazing graphics and go on a tour around the whole course and to drive as much of it as possible backwards. :P

...So yeah, I'm almost up to trying 200cc. As if I didn't already have trouble making DK turn around corners... I REALLY don't want to have to change characters, but Toad is looking pretty good if things go awfully. XD
I use Bowser XD

K-NiGhT

Dry Bowser for life.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

fingerz

Hahaha! I can't wait to actually start 200cc and see how hectic it is! But first, my Time Trials must be done. Then. XD
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

mikey

K-NiGhT do you usually speed ahead as fast as possible or do you try to stay in second or so
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 27, 2015, 04:56:20 PMK-NiGhT do you usually speed ahead as fast as possible or do you try to stay in second or so
I am almost always ahead of everyone by at least half the course. Then I get lightning'd/red shelled/blue shelled or some combination of those.

fingerz

Yeah, you've gotta keep a close eye on the item screen on the Gamepad at all times. In fact, it's kinda like you're driving a real car and have to (or should) check all your mirrors every few seconds. The more you do it, the more you'll know about who's got what. I literally have the Gamepad up near my face so I can quickly check whilst driving. XD

As for your item troubles, can't do much about Lightning... I always carry an item behind me to thwart Red Shells and I make sure I never get tempted to throw it away for another item just in case I get a coin... Unless there's someone behind who I can hit. :P

As for the Spiny Shells, you've only got two choices; speed up or reverse like there's no tomorrow! Depending on how far ahead I am, I'll immediately decide to do one or the other. If you can see that the person behind you has a Red Shell or something and they're not too far away, it's best to reverse. Then again, it's up to you.

I tend to zoom ahead and gain as much distance between myself and 2nd position so if anything does come my way, I'm still in the lead. ^^

MaestroUGC

I just don't lose, so...
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 27, 2015, 06:29:05 PMI am almost always ahead of everyone by at least half the course. Then I get lightning'd/red shelled/blue shelled or some combination of those.
that's usually what I do too.  Some people say though that sticking close to second place and keeping them off item boxes and letting them get hit by stuff is much easier though so yeah
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: fingerz on April 27, 2015, 07:40:41 PMYeah, you've gotta keep a close eye on the item screen on the Gamepad at all times. In fact, it's kinda like you're driving a real car and have to (or should) check all your mirrors every few seconds. The more you do it, the more you'll know about who's got what. I literally have the Gamepad up near my face so I can quickly check whilst driving. XD
Problem is, you're assuming I use the Gamepad when I play.

fingerz

...Who wouldn't? What other way is there to play that actually works?

And don't you dare mention motion controls. :P

Pit0010

Motion controls >:)
is the way I roll Joey >:) MWAHAHAHA

im sorry...xD still gonna...keep saying xD
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

K-NiGhT

Quote from: fingerz on April 27, 2015, 11:43:01 PM...Who wouldn't? What other way is there to play that actually works?

And don't you dare mention motion controls. :P
um the pro controller? :P

Sebastian

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 27, 2015, 08:48:25 PMProblem is, you're assuming I use the Gamepad when I play.
Say you're using a GameCube controller etc.
Couldn't you use the gameplay as a lookout to see what people have and use another controller the control the driver like on smash?