News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

What instrument do you play?

Started by PseudoMario16, May 27, 2008, 04:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What instrument do you play???

Trumpet
6 (11.1%)
French Horn
1 (1.9%)
Baritone (Euphonium)
2 (3.7%)
Tuba
0 (0%)
Trombone
4 (7.4%)
Alto Sax
4 (7.4%)
Tenor Sax
1 (1.9%)
Bari Sax
2 (3.7%)
Bassoon
1 (1.9%)
Clarinet
9 (16.7%)
Bass Clarinet
1 (1.9%)
Flute
2 (3.7%)
Oboe
0 (0%)
Piccolo
0 (0%)
Vioin
8 (14.8%)
Viola
2 (3.7%)
Cello
5 (9.3%)
String bass
0 (0%)
Bass guitar
4 (7.4%)
Guitar/electric Guitar
14 (25.9%)
Piano
45 (83.3%)
Percussion (all)
8 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Sebastian

mikey

*protip* don't put the stick inside the triangle- you hit the outside
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I play the kazoo.
Oh yeah, and the piano..
But I'm a kazoo virtuoso, I'll have you know.
what is shitpost

braix

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 30, 2015, 01:24:41 PM*protip* don't put the stick inside the triangle- you hit the outside
nonono you've got it all wrong D: you have to hit the stick with the triangle!
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ShadowChords

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 30, 2015, 01:47:20 PMnonono you've got it all wrong D: you have to hit the stick with the triangle!

Proper triangle technique:

1. Make sure you use 1/2 inch rope to tie the triangle
2. Tie a knot that is about 2 inches thick
3. Pinch the knot with your index and middle finger, pushing the loose, web-like skin in between your fingers under the knot
4. Hold the triangle up, with a flat, resting wrist
5. Hit that motherfucker on the unconnected side of the triangle.

My band teacher gave me a 15 minute lecture on this once.
I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

And here's my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MansionXx

Yug_Guy

Quote from: ShadowChords on November 30, 2015, 02:25:25 PMProper triangle technique:
1. Make sure you use 1/2 inch rope to tie the triangle
2. Tie a knot that is about 2 inches thick
3. Pinch the knot with your index and middle finger, pushing the loose, web-like skin in between your fingers under the knot
4. Hold the triangle up, with a flat, resting wrist
5. Hit that motherfucker on the unconnected side of the triangle.
My band teacher gave me a 15 minute lecture on this once.
Did we have the same band teacher? That certainly sounds like one of my past band teachers.

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon while I'm here:
  • Piano
  • Drumset (Though, I'm not all that great)
  • Mallet Percussion
  • Basically, any other kind of percussion
  • Recorder by Candlelight

Dude

Is there a chance you could not curse in every post?

Just curious.

ShadowChords

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 30, 2015, 02:39:59 PMDid we have the same band teacher? That certainly sounds like one of my past band teachers.

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon while I'm here:
  • Piano
  • Drumset (Though, I'm not all that great)
  • Mallet Percussion
  • Basically, any other kind of percussion
  • Recorder by Candlelight

Pretty much everything but the last one for me.

I go to school at OPRFHS, but I don't where my band teacher worked before he came to our school
I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

ShadowChords

Quote from: Dude on November 30, 2015, 02:46:46 PMIs there a chance you could not curse in every post?

Just curious.

What? It's fun.

Onionleaf

I can play the piano, but also took up clarinet because let's face it, everyone plays the piano.  ::)
*bows to the masters of triangle-playing* I don't think I can ever reach such a hardcore level. xD

JDMEK5

Quote from: ShadowChords on November 30, 2015, 10:36:11 PMWhat? It's fun.
It's also offensive to some and shows insecurity for those who consistently have to swear.

I posted in this topic a long time ago but a lot has happened since then so I'll go again:
-Piano
-Guitar (Classical, Acoustic, Flamenco, and a tad bit of Electric styles)
-Bass Guitar
-Trumpet
-Banjo
-Harmonica
-Ukelele
-Pan Flute (at a very rudimentary level)
-Baritone Voice
-OH AND I FORGOT TO ADD ELECTRIC TRIANGLE

Next spring I intend to add Leaf Whistle to my list.

Oh and I can't whistle using my mouth. That being said I can do clean and fast 16th-triplets by snapping.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

ShadowChords

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 01, 2015, 09:48:09 AMIt's also offensive to some and shows insecurity for those who consistently have to swear.

I do it because it helps me. I deal with lots of anger on a daily basis, and cursing seems to nullify my anger. If I wasn't a gratuitous curser then I'd probably be that kid who starts fights and does vandalism.

mikey

Quote from: ShadowChords on December 01, 2015, 04:28:34 PMI do it because it helps me. I deal with lots of anger on a daily basis, and cursing seems to nullify my anger. If I wasn't a gratuitous curser then I'd probably be that kid who starts fights and does vandalism.
alrighty then
*walks away slowly*
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: ShadowChords on December 01, 2015, 04:28:34 PMI do it because it helps me. I deal with lots of anger on a daily basis, and cursing seems to nullify my anger. If I wasn't a gratuitous curser then I'd probably be that kid who starts fights and does vandalism.
You could probably do something else than swear on an internet forum to vent your anger. For example: when I'm angry, I eat a ton and exercise

If you're going to swear all the time on NSM that might not fly with some people. So out of respect for other members, please try to cut down on the swearing a bit.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ShadowChords

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 01, 2015, 05:06:58 PMswear on an internet forum

I was talking IRL. It's become a habit, you could say. I can try to cut back, but I've been trying for two years, and it aint working.

It's whatever tho. I'll try.