What games surprised you?

Started by McDucky, July 15, 2014, 01:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Gohdan was supposed to be comparatively easy though
His flamespitter looked really cool too
unmotivated

Roz~

Since everyone is posting their Zelda top lists, I might as well do it too. It's hard to pick my favorite game. I separated console games and handheld games.

Console games:
1. Skyward Sword
2. Majora's Mask
3. Twilight Princess
4. A Link to the Past
5. Ocarina of Time
6. The Legend of Zelda
7. Zelda II
8. Wind Waker

Handheld games:
1. A Link Between Worlds
2. Link's Awakening
3. Oracle of Ages + Oracle of Seasons
4. Minish Cap
5. Four Swords
6. Phantom Hourglass
7. Spirit Tracks

Terrible games: Phantom Hourglass/Wind Waker/Spirit Tracks

I don't agree that ALttP is only remembered because of nostalgia. It really aged well imho, and it's still a solid game even if you were to play it for the first time right now.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Yugi

Zelda Games, out of the ones I've played.

1. Link Between Worlds
2. Ocarina of Time

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on January 17, 2015, 07:10:44 PMGodan was a literal joke? I don't get it.

But yeah, Wind Waker definitely isn't the best Zelda game ever. The HD remake, on the other hand, could be considered to be the best.
What are the main differences between reg and HD?  Never played the HD
Quote from: Roz~ on January 17, 2015, 08:50:13 PMTerrible games: Phantom Hourglass/Wind Waker/Spirit Tracks
Y U DO DIS ;_;
I mean I get that the whole touch screen motion thing wasn't very well received (even though I liked it) but what was wrong with wind waker?
unmotivated

Roz~

To be fair I absolutely hated the train thing, and thought it was boring as hell. Props to Nintendo for trying something new though.
I fucking hated Wind Waker. The dungeons were not memorable, the sailing sucked, and holy shit the Triforce part was dumb as shit. They fixed that part in WWHD though, which is nice. Definitely my least favorite Zelda console game.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

mikey

Well at least you didn't say it was rushed :P
I HATE it when people say wind waker was rushed
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Roz~ on January 17, 2015, 09:23:41 PMTo be fair I absolutely hated the train thing, and thought it was boring as hell. Props to Nintendo for trying something new though.
I fucking hated Wind Waker. The dungeons were not memorable, the sailing sucked, and holy shit the Triforce part was dumb as shit. They fixed that part in WWHD though, which is nice. Definitely my least favorite Zelda console game.

Wind Waker is definitely noticeably different so it makes sense you'd like the others and not this one. From what I've played of it though it's actually a very enjoyable game and the art style is beautiful.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

It's, like, one of the three games that ever actually got cell-shading right(remember when cell-shading was a thing?)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 17, 2015, 11:17:54 PMIt's, like, one of the three games that ever actually got cell-shading right(remember when cell-shading was a thing?)

A lot of the 3DS games use cel shading. The 3DS Layton character models look the best with it but the Pokémon models don't look half bad either.

SuperFireKirby

Oh yeah, forgot about the existence of the 3DS. Layton is a pretty nice looking game, because Level-5 knows how to do things right.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

True Level-5 has a bunch of downloadable games on the eShop even and they're actually all pretty high quality

KefkaticFanatic

how can you dislike everything about wind waker tho, linky has the best expressions

me irl
[close]

Xaoz

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 17, 2015, 07:17:04 PMIT'S A BIG RED EYE ON A HAND. I THINK I SHOULD SHOOT IT.
YOU COULDN'T EVEN RUN OUT OF ARROWS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD BECAUSE HE SNORTED THEM OUT HIS NOSE.

Man when I fought that guy I was like... My god... Do not waste a single arrow... Now the last one... What do I do now?! *Boss just shits a bunch of arrows* Ohhhh....

Quote from: Roz~ on January 17, 2015, 08:50:13 PMI don't agree that ALttP is only remembered because of nostalgia. It really aged well imho, and it's still a solid game even if you were to play it for the first time right now.

I will check this, as soon as I finish my other Zelda games and then tell you if you are right. I cannot respect your opinion atm., since you said Wind waker is a bad game(I only have the HD Version thoug... never played original one).

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 18, 2015, 12:19:45 AMhow can you dislike everything about wind waker tho, linky has the best expressions

Pretty much this.

Windwaker has beautiful design, Link's expressions are awesome, there is this hughe open sea and the music is just incredible.
You better agree or the Killer Bees gonna come for you.
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

McDucky

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 17, 2015, 09:49:19 PMI HATE it when people say wind waker was rushed
It was. I don't know how you can deny it. At first, when I heard that, I wasn't sure how you could tell. Now that I've played it, I can say for certain that it was rushed.
And I only played the HD version.