florally's Arrangements: NEW - Secret of Mana - "I Closed My Eyes" (August 1)

Started by florally, July 30, 2014, 10:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

florally

Animal Crossing: Wild World
-Bedroom
PDF
MUS
MIDI

Starfox 64
-Select Menu
PDF
MUS
MIDI

Pokemon Snap
-The Young Photographer
PDF
MUS
MIDI

Secret of Mana
-I Closed My Eyes (New Arrangement!)
PDF
MUS
MIDI

Any comments, critiques or tips to make this better are super appreciated, since I'm sure these aren't perfect :) Enjoy!

DonValentino

Hi and welcome! :J

It's good, though it would be better if you added the arpeggios too. Also, it's a bit fast, 120 will do.
Nice work, keep it up!

Maelstrom

First, you actually have too many notes.  :P  Every other note should not have any other intervals with it (I said it weird, but one note only). You might actually want to make the other chords arpeggiated (rolled) for the proper effect. And changing the dynamic to Piano wouldn't hurt.

florally

Thank you! All of the files are fixed. :)

florally

Starfox 64 - "Select Menu" is up, but I don't think that measures 18-24 in the bass clef are right... it doesn't sound quite the same, but I can't figure it out. Any help would be super appreciated :)

PDF
MUS
MIDI

Maelstrom

Just a note, your midi links to the .mus file.

edit: sounds pretty good. But it's hard to check because the song sounds so flat/sharp. It wouldn't hurt to try something more ambitious next time :P

florally

florally

I'm back! :) (after 23 months, oops. Hopefully I don't disappear for that long again!)

New arrangement: "I Closed My Eyes" from Secret of Mana
PDF
MUS
MIDI

Latios212

Hi there!

Cool arrangement. I noticed you have Notepad so I fixed some formatting things up for you: [MUS]

Other things:
- The whole arrangement was an octave too low. I think keeping the notes at the original pitches would help maintain the music-box-like feel; what do you say?
- Some of the left hand notes were incorrect. Compare with what you had before.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

florally

Thank you! I forgot to mention that I had Notepad (so no 8va/8vb notations) when I posted it, I used to have Songwriter but I got a new laptop. It's also been a really long time since I've arranged anything, but I'm trying to get back into it again.