The Next Official Arrangement Project

Started by Olimar12345, September 12, 2014, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

What's the hurry? It's great that you love Xenoblade and want to make an arrangement project out of it, but let other people share their suggestions too.

I, for one, would like Wario Land 3, because it doesn't have hard songs, it would be quick and easy to do since we already have some songs and its soundtrack is not that big. It's also a popular game with relatively well-known tunes.

Most of the APs end up being abandoned or with just 1 or 2 arrangers working on it (eventually abandoned anyway), so you have to consider that too. A big and relatively difficult-to-arrange soundtrack like Xenoblade would require a pretty decent amount of committed arrangers, and think that these days people are starting their studies/jobs so they won't have much free time.

Olimar12345

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 17, 2014, 08:05:06 PMThis is one of the few games with a soundtrack that can be enjoyed without playing the game.

Maybe, but I'm generally more motivated if I have payed the game.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 18, 2014, 07:50:40 AMI mentioned Persona 4 in my post, I would love for that to be the project.
Missed that, thanks.

Olimar12345

Wow, missed Don's post with the page turn. He hit the nail on the head.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

Yeah, like I enjoy Xenoblade's music a lot, but we have to consider the personal tastes/opinions of the other arrangers here, and what they'd be more motivated to do. It'd be pointless to go "Let's arrange Xenoblade!" and have only one or two people who enjoy it, and having others feel obligated to do it.

A good arrangement project needs to have full support by everyone, or else it won't be successful or enjoyable.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Uh, I realized that too. That's why I made an effort to include all the suggestions in a list, ask for soundtrack samples, and ask if anyone else had interest in the soundtracks that hadn't been mentioned since the first page.
Don, while your nomination fits the requirements, it won't matter how easy to arrange or short it is, if no one else has shown interest. I do admit that Xenoblade may have a long soundtrack, but Nebbles, JDMEK5, and I have showed interest, and Pit0010 and Firearrow said they could do a song or two. So it's not like nobody wants to do it, but it's not everybody.
Quote from: Nebbles on September 18, 2014, 10:49:09 AMIt'd be pointless to go "Let's arrange Xenoblade!" and have only one or two people who enjoy it, and having others feel obligated to do it.

A good arrangement project needs to have full support by everyone, or else it won't be successful or enjoyable.
Which is why I have been saying a poll would be perfect, and in the style Slow suggested. That way, we can see what has the most support and go from there. Remember, I'm not just saying, "lets go and do xenoblade now" anymore.

DonValentino

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 18, 2014, 12:34:48 PMUh, I realized that too. That's why I made an effort to include all the suggestions in a list, ask for soundtrack samples, and ask if anyone else had interest in the soundtracks that hadn't been mentioned since the first page.
Don, while your nomination fits the requirements, it won't matter how easy to arrange or short it is, if no one else has shown interest. I do admit that Xenoblade may have a long soundtrack, but Nebbles, JDMEK5, and I have showed interest, and Pit0010 and Firearrow said they could do a song or two. So it's not like nobody wants to do it, but it's not everybody.

But I have shown interest in Wario Land, and Yugi in Persona 4, haven't we? Not because nobody has seconded our suggestions makes them less important than yours. I'm not saying WL3 will outvote every other option or that Xenoblade is a bad choice either, I'm just saying that you should wait until people consider all the suggested options.

And that will only happen when the polls become official, not when you say "No one has shown interest in (...) Is anyone still interested in (...) getting them on the poll?".

Maelstrom

Quote from: DonValentino on September 18, 2014, 01:20:49 PMI'm not saying WL3 will outvote every other option or that Xenoblade is a bad choice either, I'm just saying that you should wait until people consider all the suggested options.
I meant besides you.  :P (not to offend you in any way) But could you post a few sample songs, so it will make it easier for people to decide? So far, Wario Land, Smash, and MK8 are the only ones without sample tracks. I'll get a few from smash bros and MK8.

Maelstrom

MK8
Mario Kart Stadium
Twisted Mansion
Rainbow Road
Piranha Plant Slide

Super Smash Bros. 3DS (Personally, I find this soundtrack weak. The Wii U one will be MUCH better)
Try, Try Again
Menu
Final Destination
Menu (Melee) Ver. 2
Sparkman Stage (arranged by ACE  :P)
There's just not enough remixed tracks that sound different enough to warrant another arrangement. And there are multiple songs taken straight from the original game that don't have arrangements on the site, including a few Xenoblade Chronicles ones...  :P

Olimar12345

I actually forgot about Wario Land 3. I'd totes be up for something like that!

Yugi

Pokemon: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (Don't we already have the soundtrack on the site anyway?)
Xenoblade Chronicles
Super Smash Bros. 4
Super Mario 3D World
Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Wario Land 3
Mario Kart Wii/Mario Kart 8
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Bolded stuff would be stuff I'd be interested in arranging, although I haven't bothered to look at the SM3DW or Xenoblade stuff yet.

Sebastian

Pokemon: Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Xenoblade Chronicles
Super Smash Bros. 4
Super Mario 3D World
Wario Land 3
Mario Kart Wii/Mario Kart 8
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Bolded stuff would be stuff I'd be interested in arranging.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Yugi on September 18, 2014, 03:55:07 PMBolded stuff would be stuff I'd be interested in arranging, although I haven't bothered to look at the SM3DW or Xenoblade stuff yet.
Please do. There's no way to tell if you'll hate or love something until you listen to it.  :P

Number 1 Choice for the next project:
Xenoblade Chronicles (obviously)

I'd arrange a lot for:
Super Smash Bros. 4

I'd arrange one or two songs for
Mario Kart 8
Wario Land 3

And I still think the Smash project should wait until the Wii U soundtrack comes out. There's just not enough good songs from it right now.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: maelstrom. on September 18, 2014, 01:50:40 PMThere's just not enough remixed tracks that sound different enough to warrant another arrangement.

This.

That's mainly what I'm worried about if we did SSB4. The soundtrack is amazing, no lie, and I was completely astounded when I just found it online. However, there are quite a few themes that seem like they've been completely unchanged, such as MK7 Rainbow Road and Id (Purpose). Either way, I think we could make MK8 or SSB4 work.

To be honest, if it ends up being Xenoblade, I probably won't really work on it. :/
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Nebbles

There are quite a few new arrangements and medlies, at least, such as the excellent Rainbow Road medley and whatnot. SSB4 is doable, I think.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel