News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

The Guessing Game

Started by Wolf, December 07, 2014, 01:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

And we all know I'm a queen, not a princess.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

I'm I am Maestro, High Emperor of the Unknown Kosmos, First Lord Admiral of the Atomic Fleets, Master of the Infinite and Infinitesimal.

But you may call me by my given name. Z
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 11, 2014, 09:20:14 PMI'm I am Maestro, High Emperor of the Unknown Kosmos, First Lord Admiral of the Atomic Fleets, Master of the Infinite and Infinitesimal.

But you may call me by my given name. Z
that rings a bell
is it just me
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Wolf

WOOOOOOOW. Dats a lot a spams. Although I can't say anything since they have been following the forum rules.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Dude

Posts don't count in this board anyway so it really doesn't matter.

FierceDeity

Quote from: wolf on December 10, 2014, 03:25:24 PMUh..... No. Hint: Has a hard shell.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 10, 2014, 03:42:21 PMCrab

wait I'm still sincerely confused as to why this was it
crabs don't have shells
exoskeletons are significantly different from shells, wolf
unless you're talking about hermit crabs in which case giving it up for just "crab" seems a bit apathetic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FierceDeity on December 12, 2014, 01:08:46 AMwait I'm still sincerely confused as to why this was it
crabs don't have shells
unless you're talking about hermit crabs in which case giving it up for just "crab" seems a bit apathetic

Quote from: WikipediaOnce crabs have become juveniles they will still have to keep moulting many more times to become adults. They are covered with a hard shell, which would otherwise prevent growth. The moult cycle is coordinated by hormones. When preparing for moult, the old shell is softened and partly eroded away, while the rudimentary beginnings of a new shell form under it. At the time of moulting, the crab takes in a lot of water to expand and crack open the old shell at a line of weakness along the back edge of the carapace. The crab must then extract all of itself – including its legs, mouthparts, eyestalks, and even the lining of the front and back of the digestive tract – from the old shell. This is a difficult process that takes many hours, and if a crab gets stuck it will die. After freeing itself from the old shell (now called an exuvia) the crab is extremely soft and hides until its new shell has hardened. While the new shell is still soft, the crab can expand it to make room for future growth.

Gif of Crab Emerging from Shell

[close]

Quote from: Definition of "Shell"1. the hard protective outer case of a mollusk or crustacean.

2. something resembling or likened to a shell because of its shape or its function as an outer case.

Quote from: Also From WikipediaCrabs are decapod crustaceans

come on fierce
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Looks like someone just got Wiki'd.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FierceDeity

Well, I'll be. I even looked up some sources to make sure the two were actually differentiated, but clearly I should have just stuck with good old Wikipedia, haha.

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on December 12, 2014, 01:33:40 AMI should have just suck with good old Wikipedia
quoting for future reference
unmotivated

Wolf

Quote from: FierceDeity on December 12, 2014, 01:08:46 AMwait I'm still sincerely confused as to why this was it
crabs don't have shells
Gee.... Sorry. Well i'm no crabagenius or a crab scientist or whatever. I'm a fukin composer!!!!!!!!!!
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Dude

OK I'm thinking of something.

Guess what it is!

Maelstrom

Dude