News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Getting Finale to recognize Japanese text

Started by Bespinben, December 11, 2014, 10:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

I encountered this same problem when I was working on Baka97's "Getsu Fuuma Den" submission. I copy-paste Japanese characters into Finale, and it looks fine:

But as soon as I try to make the PDF, it can't process the text anymore:

Do any of you guys know of a work-around to this? I tried inserting the text as picture via graphics tool, but that didn't work either (strangely, I thought it would).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Maelstrom

It's even worse in '11. You get the boxes just by copy/pasting into finale itself. I assume this will be fixed in later versions.

Olimar12345

It's not a problem with finale, it's a problem with your PDF converter. Unless you're using finale's PDF converter, which sucks to begin with.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 11, 2014, 03:33:32 PMIt's not a problem with finale, it's a problem with your PDF converter. Unless you're using finale's PDF converter, which sucks to begin with.

Yeah, guilty as charged. I tried PrimoPDF on it like I used to also - no dice.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

InsigTurtle

You may need to find a PDF converter that supports Japanese text, or you may need to mess around in the language settings for programs on your computer. (I'm assuming you use Windows?)

I did a little test on my computer, and the "Save as PDF" function on Macs doesn't result in those boxes appearing.