News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Confused about the entire site.

Started by Joebro, February 01, 2015, 12:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joebro

I used to come on the main site a lot until an update that happened sometime near the end of last year. I can't really remember when, but I gave up on the site because for some reason the MIDI button next to the sheet music wouldn't open up a new tab that played the music anymore. It was too much of a hassle to go and google all the song titles that I wasn't familiar with to see if I actually did recognize the music, and maybe wanted to play it.

Anyway, is anyone having this problem where the MIDI button won't work properly? I can't find any other forum posts about it and I'm super confused.

AwesomeYears

What software are you using? Are you using an iPad/phone or a computer?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Joebro on February 01, 2015, 12:30:18 AMI gave up on the site because for some reason the MIDI button next to the sheet music wouldn't open up a new tab that played the music anymore
Is it possible that this is merely because your internet browser updated? I have a netbook with Windows XP (and thus, has older browsers) that does this (open the MIDI in a new tab), yet on this computer (Windows 7), it downloads the MIDI instead.

Now, I'm not entirely sure on this, but I think it's actually supposed to download the MIDI?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 01, 2015, 01:00:09 AMNow, I'm not entirely sure on this, but I think it's actually supposed to download the MIDI?
On my computer it downloads the MIDI, and on my mom's, it opens the MIDI in a tab and plays it from the browser. We both use Google Chrome.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

JDMEK5

It used to play it for me years ago but my computer died and since then it's always downloaded immediately the stupid bugger.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FireArrow

It's some apple program that does that. I used to use it, but when I wanted to download the midis it wouldn't let me, so I uninstalled it. Now midi's open up directly in Windows Media player ^~^
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Joebro

Thanks for the replies.  ;D

Anyway, I've always browsed on my macbook and used Chrome. Now that I think about it, I might have upgraded my operating system to Lion at the time. Could it have added something that screws with my browser?