News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Uploading and creating arrangments

Started by ThatGamer, December 17, 2014, 08:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

So, I've been having trouble with figuring out how to create sheet music for the site. Obviously, I'm one of the youngest users on the site, so that explains why it doesn't make sense, but I would still like to be able to help arrange music on my free time. If anyone knows how this arranging thing works, (which I'm betting most of you do) please reply IN-DEPTH, because I'm not great at just finding my way around. :(
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom

I got this \
Just making sure no one post something really long while I type
edit: nvm, NoS is doing it right now.

mikey

If you're cheap like me just search for finale NotePad 2012 and install that.  Otherwise you can pay a couple hundred bucks for software of your choice
unmotivated

Maelstrom

NMV, he doesn't have this.  :P

Simply, you listen to the song and input the notes you hear into finale. It will require quite a bit of knowledge of note lengths and ear training. But, finale plays it back to you, making it easier. It is always easier to arrange with a piano next to you to try and figure out the notes. If you need to slow it down, I recommend this. It's browser based, completely safe, and has all the features you need right in front of you. Not to mention that its also free.....
And, as I said earlier, you will need finale to transcribe the note you hear. And, if you have trouble, don't worry. We're here to help!

ThatGamer

Ugh, stupid computer virus control won't let me download it. It keeps blocking it, and I can't turn it off. What do I do?
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom

Download it on another computer and import it with a USB flash drive.

ThatGamer

Maelstrom

If you want, I can give you a copy of the installer......

ThatGamer

Nvm, I deleted virus protection! (probably not the best decision...) Finale is now downloading. I think I'll start with something easy, like...the Mario 3D World full OST! XD Jk, probably the jungle music. If I get something wrong in the title, do message me, and I'l fix it!