News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Pikmin 3 Time Signature

Started by ThatGamer, December 17, 2014, 06:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

I'm arranging the Pikmin 3 title theme, and I can't figure out the time signature, any help?

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXdNLpOrwFQ

And to keep this from happening again, how can I tell the time signature a song has right away?
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom

Next time, you might want to ask here:
http://forum.ninsheetm.us/index.php?topic=5475.0
I'm inclined to say that it is 3/4
As for knowing time signatures easily, it will only come with practice. Try tapping out the beat, and seeing what you come up with.

ThatGamer

Ok, thanks! Glad you're back on too. I finished my arrangement, and Olimar12345 is p*ssed at it, saying I did a "half *ss job". Articulation and dynamics are there, and I followed the guidelines, what's wrong?
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom

Probably because it's still terrible.
1. The composer and arranger must be aligned
2. The Composer and title must be bolded.
3. You must have the game title below the name of the song, italicized
4. The name should not have the [Wii U] or any "AKA"s in it. The [Wii U] was for the request
5. The title must be in quotations.
6. NONE of the font sizes are correct.
7. You need the correct copyright sign. Just copy/paste it from here: ©
8. The note barring is still bad
9. The rests are still abysmal. You do not have an adequate understanding of how to place them.

I'd recommend you create a personal arrangements thread before trying to submit anything to the site. Just about everyone's first few pieces are not good enough to make it onto the site.

ThatGamer

Ok. *sigh* I'll try ONE more time. (honestly, this is like my 4th try)

mikey

Aren't you a little young to be making quality arrangements?  ::)
unmotivated

ThatGamer

This guy knows me!  8) Anyways, the arrangement is edited...again...but the copyright sign didn't work still. That's all though!

Maelstrom

Better, but
Quote from: maelstrom. on December 17, 2014, 07:18:50 PM8. The note barring is still bad
9. The rests are still abysmal. You do not have an adequate understanding of how to place them.
And they are aligned too far to the side of the page. It wouldn't print properly

ThatGamer

Does the barring really matter? It all sounds the same. And the rests, I just can't do. Strong-Weak-Medium-Weak...the system just confuses me. This is, and I quote, THE LAST ATTEMPT!!!  >:(

ThatGamer

Meh, I give up. I'll start on an easier arrangement, Bullet Bill Brigade.  :'(

Maelstrom

Quote from: ThatGamer on December 17, 2014, 07:57:50 PMDoes the barring really matter? It all sounds the same. And the rests, I just can't do.
Yes. It makes the sheet clean and ledgible. And, it's nessicary for any sheet to be approved.
As for the rests, you are probably overthinking it. I'll clean it up for you tomorrow.  ;)

Olimar12345

Quote from: ThatGamer on December 17, 2014, 07:57:50 PMThis is, and I quote, THE LAST ATTEMPT!!!  >:(

Just fyi, arrangements go through many revisions here before being hosted. It is a normal thing around here.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

One of my arrangements has gone through 10+ major revisions, and not just for formatting mistakes. 4 revisions for a first piece is not that bad. It just might help if everything was fixed at once  :P.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ThatGamer

Good, to know, but I still give up. I'm not at a high piano grade, so I haven't even learned half of this. Maybe I'll come back to it and do the barring when I'm old enough to understand it.  :-\   As for Pikmin 3, if it's already been made, why isn't it on the site?   And on an unrelated topic, I think Bullet Bill Brigade has understandable barring, (whatever that is) so I'm starting on that. I've already made all the proper corrections BEFORE starting this time.