Arrangement Contest No. 5 in E-sharp "Variable Mix"

Started by MaestroUGC, December 21, 2014, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So many variations, but only one will stand supreme!

them
1 (8.3%)
Olimar12345
4 (33.3%)
Bloop
3 (25%)
FierceDiety
4 (33.3%)
Clanker37
0 (0%)
FireArrow
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: February 01, 2015, 03:52:33 PM

FireArrow

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 28, 2014, 10:11:13 PMAs long as you transcribe what you intend to vary (meaning if you chose to only use an A section) then it is acceptable.

rejoice
yay
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FierceDeity

Is it better or worse for our first statement of the theme to be exactly the same (orchestration and all) as the original?

Olimar12345

Quote5) Formatting: make sure your piece has the following information: a title, a subtitle(including the original song title and the game it's from), the composers name, and the arrangers name (either your NSM alias or real name). You get more points if you arrangement had other standard things such as measure numbers, dynamics, etc. (if such things apply to your piece). This category should result in easy points.

I would like to remind our judges (particularly our newer ones) about the freedom of the formatting section. Since these arrangements are in no way going to be hosted on the main site, G-Han's formatting guidelines in the submission board don't apply here. Only grade for the fields specified in the quote above, which comes from the op. (Wouldn't want to repeat mistakes from the past d: ) 
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 29, 2014, 01:00:24 AMI would like to remind our judges (particularly our newer ones) about the freedom of the formatting section. Since these arrangements are in no way going to be hosted on the main site, G-Han's formatting guidelines in the submission board don't apply here. Only grade for the fields specified in the quote above, which comes from the op. (Wouldn't want to repeat mistakes from the past d: )
;)
unmotivated

Bloop

CLBGM

can i do the variations on separate MUS files? :=)

Olimar12345

Quote from: CLBGM on January 01, 2015, 02:40:30 PMcan i do the variations on separate MUS files? :=)

I believe that would be multiple arrangements, and we're only doing one. If it is a finale limitation issue, I or others here would be glad to help you ^^
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

CLBGM

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 01, 2015, 02:43:58 PMI believe that would be multiple arrangements, and we're only doing one. If it is a finale limitation issue, I or others here would be glad to help you ^^

I know how variations scores are written, but ill be using different instruments for each variation/arrangement and it would be more comfortable if i write them on separate files. Oh well, if it's not possible then, I think ill be omitting some playback features.

Bloop

If you're using a full version of finale (or another version which might have one: I'm only comfortable with the full version), you can hide staves via the staff tool. I'm using it too. It hides an instrument for a whole line of measures as long as it doesn't play anything.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

CLBGM

Quote from: Bloop on January 01, 2015, 03:04:17 PMIf you're using a full version of finale (or another version which might have one: I'm only comfortable with the full version), you can hide staves via the staff tool. I'm using it too. It hides an instrument for a whole line of measures as long as it doesn't play anything.

Thanks, but I already knew that. I'm talking about playback issues (dynamics, panning, etc). It's just a comfort matter, If I can't it's ok...

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 01, 2015, 03:07:08 PMPlease only submit one MUS file.

k

Olimar12345

If you're that worried about the playback, you can hide dynamics. 

MaestroUGC

Just two weeks left! I hope all of you are making progress and didn't just forget about the contest.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FireArrow

Got teh theme done and half of one variation. ^_^
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FierceDeity

For percussion parts, is it ok if I don't do the whole key and everything, and just label the instruments as they're played? A key/multiple parts would be kind of obnoxious and time consuming for something that's not being performed :/