Started by Jamaha, December 30, 2014, 07:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

unmotivated

Nebbles

Ah. Still, I'll try using them both and see which one I like using better.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pit0010

Jamaha, i would just like to say that your layout thingo of the matches is just AMAZING! SO EASY TO READ! XD
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

FireArrow

Quote from: Nebbles on January 04, 2015, 08:17:01 PMI thought Lucina was pretty good?
She's basically Marth without tippers. I'd say she's mid tier while Marth is upper mid tier.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Maelstrom

But her run animation goes under quite a few projectiles if timed correctly.

FireArrow

Maelstrom

I specifically remember hearing from Smash commentators that her animation is lower, so.... idk if I'm right or not.

FireArrow

I don't really know so I'll just take your word for it.
Still doesn't make up for the lack of tippers.

Maelstrom

It just depends if you can rely on tippers or not.  :P A close smash with Marth does nothing compared to the tip. If your opponent can take advantage of that....

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

mikey

I'm starting to think jamaha made this tourney cause he knew he would win
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

FireArrow

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 05, 2015, 12:53:03 PMIt just depends if you can rely on tippers or not.  :P A close smash with Marth does nothing compared to the tip. If your opponent can take advantage of that....

Well, that's where spacing comes in. The only move marth really gets punished for not tipping is Fair.

FierceDeity

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 05, 2015, 12:53:03 PMIt just depends if you can rely on tippers or not.  :P A close smash with Marth does nothing compared to the tip. If your opponent can take advantage of that....

I wouldn't say "nothing", but it is noticeably less than with Lucina. It's not like an opponent benefits by being hit close up as opposed to by the tip, they just aren't hurt as much. The only way they can really take advantage of it is by predicting that you'll go for the tip, and avoiding it entirely.

I think it's really just that Lucina and Marth require slightly different playstyles. Dancing blade is more effective with Lucina, because you'll do full damage for every hit you get off, whereas Marth's you'll be lucky to get his full damage for two of them. So, I tend to use it more often with Lucina than I do with Marth. In high level play, the main point where tippers come into play is ledgeguarding, since you're more able to manipulate where you'll hit people when you know where they have to land/come up from the ledge.

In most other situations, it seems a bit reliant on the opponent not also being at a high skill level to say that good players should be able to hit with the tip, because by that logic they should also be able to avoid it. The reality is that even the best players won't always get tippers, but they may get it enough to justify the non-tip damage decrease. I see it as more of a matter of preference; do you want to worry about tippers or not?