NinSheetMelee: NSM's SSB4 tournament

Started by Jamaha, December 30, 2014, 07:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 05, 2015, 03:51:30 PMIn most other situations, it seems a bit reliant on the opponent not also being at a high skill level to say that good players should be able to hit with the tip, because by that logic they should also be able to avoid it. The reality is that even the best players won't always get tippers, but they may get it enough to justify the non-tip damage decrease. I see it as more of a matter of preference; do you want to worry about tippers or not?

The idea isn't "Marth is better than Lucina because he has higher damage output when played perfectly." It's "Marth is better than Lucina because he can kill people at ridiculously low percents."
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

How come nobody's brought up the fact that marth is a man and is therefore in every way superior to lucina, a mere woman???

I swear if somebody doesn't realize this is sarcasm...
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

Because that is dumb and not even amusing as an antijoke.

In more relevant news, FD and I are unable to connect to each other even when I've switched from connecting to my home network to tethering to my phone.  Is there anyone else we can test with to see if one or the other has the main issue?

me irl
[close]

FierceDeity

Yeah I'm just gonna host a game, I've added most people here so if somebody could add the friend code in my profile (if you haven't already) and try to join it/kefka's, it would be much appreciated

FierceDeity

Yeah, firearrow and I just had a full match with pretty minimal lag, I think it's on your end :/

KefkaticFanatic

ya Nintendo's wise decision of relying entirely on peer to peer makes it so anyone like me on a network that has Strict NAT is fuxed.  You have at least Moderate probably, and I must occasionally get lucky in For Glory and match up with somebody that has an Open NAT, since that is the only type of the 3 that I am able to connect to.

You can just count me as double forfeit since I'm not going to waste any more time trying to work around Nintendo's online incompetence.

me irl
[close]

mikey

peer to peer is more fair though
even though it screws everyone over
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

Does not change my present high sodium level

MAYBE Nintendo will get online right next gen... Everybody said this last time but WELL MAYBE THIS TIME RIGHT .-.

me irl
[close]

ThatGamer

I got to try CoD Advanced Warfare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

mikey

unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

ThatGamer

Whoops, I thought this was the thought of the moment thread, sorry.
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

mikey

Jamaha, I'm starting to think it would have been a good idea to look at people's miiverse skill levels before making the bracket lol
unmotivated

ThatGamer

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 05, 2015, 07:51:17 PMJamaha, I'm starting to think it would have been a good idea to look at people's miiverse skill levels before making the bracket lol

I'm not.

Not based on my experiences in this tournament or anything, it just makes no sense to segregate the bracket in a tournament like this.

Also, do I fight Dude now, or