News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

NinSheetMelee: NSM's SSB4 tournament

Started by Jamaha, December 30, 2014, 07:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Yea, you autowin as does davy.  And 3DS doesn't have any method of skill ranking whatsoever so that wouldn't work there at all.  Plus, I wouldn't say that For Glory is an accurate rating of skill anyway given that it's only Final Destination and may or may not have some lag issue or another.  Mostly the FD only part though, that was a silly decision on Nintendo's part given that they could have just looked up all of the standard tournament rules anywhere.

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 05, 2015, 02:24:14 PMI'm starting to think jamaha made this tourney cause he knew he would win

Nah, I made it because I wanted to draw brackets.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 05, 2015, 07:51:17 PMJamaha, I'm starting to think it would have been a good idea to look at people's miiverse skill levels before making the bracket lol

I used the method of drawing names out of a hat, which seemed the most appropriate. I don't really see how different seeding would've changed the situation. Maybe it's more of a problem (if it actually is a problem) with the tournament format itself. That was mainly the point of the double elimination, so losing to a player with a higher skill level doesn't instantly kick you out.

Maybe some kind of Swiss system would have been more appropriate. I just like double elimination.

mikey

double elim is fine it's just that I'll probably have to go against people far more skilled than me twice in a row :X
Anyone else feeling the same way?
Quote from: FierceDeity on January 05, 2015, 07:55:02 PMI'm not.

Not based on my experiences in this tournament or anything, it just makes no sense to segregate the bracket in a tournament like this.

Also, do I fight Dude now, or
I don't mean segregating the bracket or anything I just mean matching up like say beginners with beginners intermediates with inters and advanced get the bye or something idk
unmotivated

Jamaha

Waddle Bro (Zero Suit Samus) 2
Jamaha (Zelda) 1

I think I get your complaint now, considering I couldn't find the "1" as no one had gone 2-1 in the Wii U tournament yet.

mikey

Awww c'mon!
Even if I win to maestro/m I have to face jamaha :(
ALrrighty then you two should face off so that I can get this over with
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

for results see jamaha

I guess I should come out with my battle strategies for this match. Even though it was Jamaha's first match in the Wii U tournament, I predicted him to main Zelda based on his two matches in the 3DS tournament where he only used Zelda. I didn't have much experience on how Zelda worked. I didn't want to choose a projectile-based character, but I wanted to go with a character that's agile(to dodge Zelda's dangerous aerial moves).

At first I was relieved how Jamaha had a more campy playstyle with Zelda's special moves, because they were for the most part easy to dodge and play around. I feel like I could have had the first game in the bag, if I hadn't fucked up my recovery so early on. I felt like there was no need for me to switch characters after losing the first game, because Zero Suit Samus felt like she could take Zelda well on.
And in the second game Samus came through. I chose Wrecking Crew(Omega) as the stage, because it's like Final Destination, but I can perform wall jumps.
For the last game Jamaha chose Smashville, and his last death was painful to watch as he just falls past the moving platform and the edge. I think I choked my recovery on either this game or the previous one. I'm angry at how I fell for all your Up-Bs, even though they were easily predictable.
I'm a bad commentator with a short-term memory. Should have saved the replays I guess, meh.

As for constructive criticism for Jamaha, you used your grabs much better than I did, although you should implement your strong aerial moves to your playstyle better. Good luck on your other matches, it was fun to play a great match with someone without hardly any lag!

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 06, 2015, 07:30:19 AMAwww c'mon!
Even if I win to maestro/m I have to face jamaha :(
ALrrighty then you two should face off so that I can get this over with

I still don't really get your reasoning. If you lose, you have to fight against somebody else who lost next. If you won in your system, you'd still have to play somebody who won the next round. And even if you set up the whole thing to to bottom, best to worst (basically any of this is what I meant by segregating the brackets), and it somehow makes it easier for the worse players, is that really fair? That's just arbitrarily delaying the elimination of worse players at the expense of mid-to-upper range players, and that hardly seems adherent to the idea of "finding out who's best". Somebody has to be eliminated earlier on, and not to shit on those who do, it just doesn't make sense to actively plan for that not to be one of the worse players.

MaestroUGC

MaestroUGC 1 (Mr. Game & Watch, Pac-Man, Pac-Man)
Maelstrom 2 (Shulk, Shulk, Shulk)

Maelstrom got the first match, it was really no contest. For the second and third I swapped fro Pac-Man, cause GW does not fare well against sword users. Maelstrom won in the end and earned himself a hard earned victory. Words describing the actual matches goes here.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom (Shulk) 2
Maestro (Game and Watch, Pacman) 1
We had a little lag.  :P
I'd post more, but, knowing Maestro, he will post something that tops it. So I won't try.
edit: ninja'd by a short post....

mikey

So Maestro want a free victory to make yourself feel better
My NNID is NeurokCommando
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

mikey

There's a thread that contains EVERYBODY's NNID...
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Maelstrom