News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Non-finale music notation softwares

Started by flygon9, January 11, 2015, 11:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 12, 2015, 08:38:24 PMRegardless, it's the standard we've adopted with our abnormally large number of sheets, and  I don't think we're going to switch to something different anytime soon.  We would rather have everything conform to one style than force users to download 4 different clients.

No yeah, I'm not advocating that we do switch anytime soon. I was just legitimately curious.

JDMEK5

^Exactly. That's cheaper than a walmart bicycle.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

macfan406

A lot of people are using Sibelius. I believe both Symphony of the Goddesses and Symphonic Evolutions were both orchestrated in Sibelius. I myself use it as well. It's becoming more of a standard as it gets better. And it's extremely intuitive.  Although Sibelius was in its past an inferior product. So most people used Finale at the time since it was superior. And most don't want to re learn a new notation program.
Conductor, Orchestrator, Arranger, Copyist
Orchestrator and Conductor of PK Symphony

Maelstrom

I won't deny the fact that Finale is not intuitive. But the shortcuts are once you get the hang of them.

AwesomeYears

If you have an iPad, try out Symphony Pro! Only 15 bucks, has lots of features and it can make PDFs and MIDIs! (It also has over 100 instruments)

Maelstrom

AwesomeYears

King Sammer

Quote from: AwesomeYears on February 06, 2015, 04:13:42 PMIf you have an iPad, try out Symphony Pro! Only 15 bucks, has lots of features and it can make PDFs and MIDIs! (It also has over 100 instruments)
Is it how they made the Super Paper Mario music?
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Maelstrom

No.
They used real, professional software.

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 07, 2015, 02:02:30 PM.......
No.
They used real, professional software.
how can you be sure
what if their real professional software was Ipads
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Trust me. My uncle has some of the entry level (Read: Under $1,000, above $400) stuff and it is awesome. There is no ipad software that has the ridiculous amount of obscure, bizarre voices that is Super Paper Mario music.

mikey

does your uncle work on Paper Mario music
unmotivated