News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

AweYea's Arrangements (feat. a hella lot of sheets)

Started by AwesomeYears, January 12, 2015, 05:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

To do list:

All the Court Begin themes for the Ace Attorney games
0 (0%)
Collection of Deadly Premonition songs from the OST
0 (0%)
"The Merciless Savior" from The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
0 (0%)
"War Cry" battle theme from Dragon Quest 8
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 13, 2015, 02:36:51 AM

Maelstrom

Quote from: AwesomeYears on January 23, 2015, 06:34:55 PMFor audio stretch, I did use it but I'm a bit too impatient, so I rushed it.
This is the worst thing to do. Please, take your time and double check the entire piece when you finish it. It will save NSM a lot of work and you will have a much better reputation.

AwesomeYears

AwesomeYears

Going to upload the solo version on Scorch 'n Torch tomorrow... (Also, plz vote!)

Brassman388

AwesomeYears

Brassman388

AwesomeYears

AwesomeYears

New arrangement added: King Dedede (Kirby's Dreamland)

Any opinions on the lower right hand part?

AwesomeYears

AwesomeYears

Sebastian

When I have some time later I get some feedback for you :)

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AwesomeYears

A new one already? Wow wee! This time, it's from an obscure game, our dear old Neopets! (Nebbles might like this) I did this after a couple of requests on the subreddit /r/neopets!

AwesomeYears

JesterMusician

It's pretty good! (The PDF only has one page...?)

-All of your volta systems only save two measures - in this case, I think it'd be better to write them out, since voltas break page-reading continuity, and it's not worth doing so to save a few measures.
-If you do that, you can move the To Coda marking further down.
-Key changes that coincide with a new section of the piece (and it sounds like they all do) should be preceded by double barlines.
-I'm not an experienced pianist, but some of those intervals look impossible (Measure 10, for example). If notes are to be played with the left hand (Measure 38) you should indicate that with double stems and a l.h. indication (the C's in the RH staff should have their own stems, pointing down)
-Never use an 8va alta where you can use a clef change, as in 40 (I'd put it at 37, and go back to bass clef at 45)
-Be careful where you hide your rests. Generally, it's a good idea to keep rests that fill in the beats where the notes don't. Also, when you hide a rest, the notes in that beat should revert to standard stemming (38). Or omit them if they're not contextually meaningful.
-Instead of using a series of tenutos, consider using slurs instead.