News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Kracko" by stellarlights24

Started by Zeta, January 16, 2015, 11:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Kracko
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: stellarlights24

[attachment deleted by admin]

stellarlights24

Wow this place changed so much since I left!!! D: I like this new system!! (I'm starrgrl24 btw....just forgot all of my login information, but I prefer to be called by this username since it's uhm more....suitable. lol)

Here's the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6cR8J3qR8U

So some information that I think would help with the judging. There ARE some bass notes, but I want this music to be accessible and not extremely difficult. However, if you know a way to include the bass notes without being too hard I'd reaaaally appreciate that. Personally, I'm satisfied with this arrangement.

Xaoz

I think your tempo (or atleast the one in the midi) is way slower than the one in the YT-Video you posted. Maybe I should switch Windows Media Player playback speed from slow to normal ::)
You might also want to add dynamics. Set it to mf maybe? Or set both hands seperately, since I feel the left hand should be mf, while the right hand is just playing in p, maybe? Something like that... Should just play around with that, I guess.
Also make sure you get the copyright corrected (it is not http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/ not .us anymore).

Maybe people who actually know how to arrange a song and play piano can help more :D

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bespinben

Starrgrl!!!! Wow, so great to have you back.

Quote from: stellarlights24 on January 16, 2015, 11:52:31 AMif you know a way to include the bass notes without being too hard I'd reaaaally appreciate that.

Try this out:

Pretty much, just take the rhythm of the ostinato, and replace the notes of that with the notes of what would be the RH chords, emphasizing the top note. Also, I know 8/8 and 16/16 are almost never used due to the preference for syncopation vs. mixed meter, but since the song NEVER deviates from this pattern it's safe to say it's mixed meter.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

stellarlights24

Quote from: Bespinben on January 16, 2015, 12:46:02 PMStarrgrl!!!! Wow, so great to have you back.

Try this out:

Pretty much, just take the rhythm of the ostinato, and replace the notes of that with the notes of what would be the RH chords, emphasizing the top note. Also, I know 8/8 and 16/16 are almost never used due to the preference for syncopation vs. mixed meter, but since the song NEVER deviates from this pattern it's safe to say it's mixed meter.

I originally had it in 8/8, but I'm really preferring 16/16 now. I was just told that it's in 4/4 before by someone on this forum and it made sense at the time (opinions change over time). Yeah, I'll definitely experiment more. So far, your rendition works reaaaally well. My ONLY issue is that, I generally don't like changing the octaves, but this is an arrangement not a transcription sooooo I'll see how that works technically.

Quote from: Xaoz on January 16, 2015, 12:19:54 PMYou might also want to add dynamics. Set it to mf maybe?

Maybe people who actually know how to arrange a song and play piano can help more :D

I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING. I play piano and know how to arrangement (not a professional obviously lol), but I appreciate ALL opinions. I say no matter what level you are, it's always good to get feedback. :D

While I still gotta practice 5 hours a day I have a bit more free time now....

Xaoz

Quote from: stellarlights24 on January 16, 2015, 01:25:02 PMI KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING. I play piano and know how to arrangement (not a professional obviously lol), but I appreciate ALL opinions.

I was not referring to YOUR arranging/playing skills, but to MINE. Since I suck. BUT I am a master of correcting copyrights, deleting measures and adding dynamics!

Quote from: stellarlights24 on January 16, 2015, 01:25:02 PMI say no matter what level you are, it's always good to get feedback. :D

Yeah, Bespinben and Olimar would be nothing without my feedback!

stellarlights24

Quote from: Xaoz on January 16, 2015, 01:30:16 PMI was not referring to YOUR arranging/playing skills, but to MINE. Since I suck. BUT I am a master of correcting copyrights, deleting measures and adding dynamics!

whoooops. Well your skills still contribute. :P

mikey

Quote from: Xaoz on January 16, 2015, 01:30:16 PMI was not referring to YOUR arranging/playing skills, but to MINE. Since I suck. BUT I am a master of correcting copyrights, deleting measures and adding dynamics!
This so much
unmotivated

Xaoz

mikey

unmotivated

Bespinben

Considering Starrgrl's 1 month absence, should we evaluate the sheet in it's current form, or update it with the edits I suggested?

DonValentino

I'd say your edits, they add a lot of depth to the song. Oh and in case the current version is accepted, could you please put a link with your changes, Bespin? I'd love to have your version.

Bespinben

Alright, well then that's what we'll do.

I updated the submission with the aforementioned edits.
NOTE: The .mus file export from my 2014 couldn't merge the identical accidentals from layer 1 and layer 2, so that's why it looks like there are "double accidentals". The PDF is fine though. I would consider this pardonable, but if someone with FULL Finale 2012 would like to manually move the accidentals together, be my guest.

DonValentino

Great, the result is much better.

Here you go the fixed .mus btw: https://db.tt/Iivcqzlo

Bespinben

Excellent! Maybe staying up 'till the wee hours of the morning catching up on Naruto and DBZ wasn't such a bad idea after all... XD (Then again, I would've seen this post eventually, but where's the fun in that?)

Files updated.