News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Getting in Shape & Eating Healthier

Started by ZeldaFan, January 19, 2015, 09:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeldaFan

This seems very doable :) I will try your method (because why not? any exercise is better than none). I'll be posting some before/after pics of my progress

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Xaoz

Quote from: ZeldaFan on February 01, 2015, 12:18:51 PMThis seems very doable :) I will try your method (because why not? any exercise is better than none). I'll be posting some before/after pics of my progress

Well it only takes you ~1 hour per week... So it should be doable for pretty much everyone :D
Just a few things that still came to my mind and might help you, if you want to do them:

• Cardio!
    Since you want to be healthier and in good shape, you might want to add some 20-30 minute cardio 1-3 times a week (running, riding bike, etc.). If you do so, I could probably give you some more advice with that, but in any case you should make sure that you compensate the higher energy needs of your body by eating more food and that you have enough rest between your workout and the cardio (best thing would be to do it on seperate days).
  • Continue your nutrition diary!
    You already started and did manage to keep it up for a week. Many people do this and it helps them to understand how nutrition influences they overall feeling, strength and progress. I do not do this, since I already know pretty much exactly what I am eating... I hope... Maybe I should just start one, too to be sure :D
  • Weigh yourself!
    Weighing yourself is an excellent tool to see if you actually do the stuff right. I would recommend weighing yourself once a week to keep track. It is normal that your weight can just go up and down a few pounds for whatever reason (eating a bit more than last time, eating salty stuff before, etc.) but the overall trend after one or two months can give you a good idea on where this is going. Just make sure to weigh yourself under the same circumstances (just after waking up, before your first meal for example) every time.
  • Workout Diary!
    Here you can just take a simple excel sheet or piece of paper and enter how many reps of each exercise you did. This really helps a lot and is almost no effort!
  • Drink a lot!
    Most people really do not drink much at all. Especially when working out, doing cardio and being healthier, you should try to reach ~3 liters of liquid a day (if that is managable for you). Of course, water and tea are the best choices, here :)
  • Pictures!
    Also you already mentioned, before/after-pictures are a nice way to see your progress. You can see your progress way better with these, than when just looking at yourself in the mirror and trying to remember how you looked before you started...

Just do not expect too much in the first weeks/months. Building muscle takes time, but if you keep it up, it will pay off!
I will still try to add some good videos of the exercises lateron... Sorry, might take some time :D

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b