News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

Mario Kart Wii or Okami?

Started by White Wolfos, June 01, 2008, 12:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akiro

Mario Kart Wii is very overrated.  If you want to play a kart game, then just do what gamer said and whip out Mario Kart 64.

It's sometimes good to buy a game that people aren't so hyped up about, you might turn up liking it.

PseudoMario16

is this even a question- mario kart wii is way better than okami, i dont know y you guys dont like it so much
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

KefkaticFanatic

Because the Wii version is simply a backwards step from the other iterations of the series.  Even the GCN game was better.

me irl
[close]

Nintendude73

I'd definitely recommend Okami over Mario Kart Wii, if you have to choose for right now, but you should eventually own both, because Okami truly deserves way more attention than it has ever received.  It really is a great game.  Mario Kart Wii is very good at what it does, that's for sure.

White Wolfos

Quote from: Silence of Darkness on June 03, 2008, 07:47:45 PMMaybe you're confused here...I think White Wolfos wants a good Wii game. from what I've heard and read, Okami is good on the PS2, not so much on the Wii.

I bought Okami for the Wii (thanks for the suggestions guys!) and I really don't see why PS3 Okami is better than the Wii's. I find it very easy to draw with the wiimote, and find myself asking how in the world this is possible with a controler like the Playstation's.

White Wolfos

Also, it is insane how Okami is similar to Zelda (Twilight Princess, most of the time). I'm almost beating the game now, and every time i turn it on I see something related to zelda:

Heart Pieces = Sun Fragments, Issun = Midna (or fairy), Ammy = Wolf Link, larger wallet upgrades, Ink Bottles = magic power, moon/sun control, normal battles resemble the dark enemy battles from TP (you're closed in), Astral Pouch = Fairy (when you die, the pouch saves you)...

Maybe there's even more to the list. But, PLEASE don't take this as criticism for the game, not at all. I chose Okami over Mario Kart Wii, and it was a much better choice (maybe I'll buy Kart later). And since I am a fan of Zelda, I became a fan of this game as well. Thanks again for the suggestions!

KefkaticFanatic

Don't double post, it was a PS2 game, and it's the same genre as Zelda.

:)

EDIT:  And Okami came out before TP, so you can only compare it to older Zelda games.

me irl
[close]

musicguy49

Quote from: Gamer4250 on June 30, 2008, 10:18:22 AMBecause the Wii version is simply a backwards step from the other iterations of the series.  Even the GCN game was better.

I second that.

Tranzlater

I've never played Okami, but I'm not a brilliant Zelda fan, so I guess I won't like it as much.
I gotta say, I wasn't gonna get MKWii originally (having DS and DD and probably getting 64) but I read the review in ONM(English NP) and it looked good, and it is fantastic. Online is great and the controls are a LOT smoother than Excite truck.
However the idea of two guys on one kart from DD is good. Maybe a different wii version?
DONT underestimate MKWii
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

the_spensa

Having played the Ps2 version, I loved Okami and its one of my fav game of the generation. From what I played of Mario Kart, it mainly fun multiplayer but after a while that too gets boring